Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-06-2003, 07:29 PM   #31
badboy325is
AF Newbie

boy you are mistaken

the simple fact is i was talking about the z06 that had 385 hp and 385 ft/lbs torque. not the brand new one. and if you would take the time to look up the showdowns between the cars you would see the zo6 is not much faster. not to mention the beemer is a much more rigid and solid car than the vette not to mention it holds four passengers. and the 400 plus hp will only rattle that vette apart quicker, and why i am at it the next generation m3 will have a v8 and over 400 hp so that should definiately shut your mouth because i know your not gonna let yourself believe that a corvette that has nearly the same hp as the next m3 would actually outrun it. lets play a numbers game. you said how the vette was lighter and it is, it also has a v8 nearly double the size of the m3 motor. it also boast 138 ft/lb of torque more than the m3 and 72 more hp. and i am talking about the 2003 zo6 and the 2003 m3. both cars run 13's the vette 13.10s and the m3 13.60s and the 0 to 60 is tighter with the vette at 4.5 and the m at 4.8. so genius tell me how the m3 doesnt run with the piece of shit rattle trap zo6 since you have all the answers and this is for you :finger: when the next gen. m3 comes out and the zo6 will be left in the dust.
badboy325is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 01:54 AM   #32
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
Quote:
the simple fact is i was talking about the z06 that had 385 hp and 385 ft/lbs torque. not the brand new one.
oh im sorry, 20hp less . . . that means the e46 is what, only 52 hp short? lol . . . ANY and i mean ANY z06 will eat an M3

Quote:
and if you would take the time to look up the showdowns between the cars you would see the zo6 is not much faster.
thats laughable, all the magazine comparos have echoed each other 'the z06 is the poor man's track car, and the M3 is the luxo coupe with nice handling and nice power on tap' essentially the z06 excels at performance whereas the e46 excels at driver comfort with good performance to boot

Quote:
not to mention the beemer is a much more rigid and solid car than the vette not to mention it holds four passengers.
why are u bringing up rigidty when clearly the issue has been "straightline performance? even at the track the z06 is more nimble with more power to boot, it has been proven time and time again which car is the real sports coupe

if we are talking straightline performance, rigidity will virtually have no impact when comparing two different cars (i would understand if we were comparing the M3 coupe vs convertible, because then rigidity plays a role in two equally setup cars)

i doubt u can even provide me solid evidence (aka data) to back up ur claim that the M3 is more rigid, let alone give me a reason why this would effect two totally different cars' straightline performance

and four passengers . . . yes, that is true, the M3 can hold four passengers, only further showing u the difference between the z06's dominance in the performance category and the M3's dominance in the "performance/luxury equilibrium" category

Quote:
and the 400 plus hp will only rattle that vette apart quicker
explain what u mean by that . . . because i have no idea wtf u are trying to say

Quote:
and why i am at it the next generation m3 will have a v8 and over 400 hp so that should definiately shut your mouth because i know your not gonna let yourself believe that a corvette that has nearly the same hp as the next m3 would actually outrun it
ok, u want to compare next generation cars? even the e90 M3 is behind, its speculated to come out 2006 or 2007 . . . compare that with the upcoming release of even the BASE c6 corvette (out next year with around 500hp and said to have an improvement on the luxury factor/interior appointments)

i would sure as hell hope a performance car for MY 2006-07 would be able to AT LEAST keep up with a car that was made from 01-03, 3-4 years is a pretty significant gap, wouldnt u agree?

Quote:
lets play a numbers game. you said how the vette was lighter and it is, it also has a v8 nearly double the size of the m3 motor. it also boast 138 ft/lb of torque more than the m3 and 72 more hp.
ok, so u understand all this . . . do u realize how foolish it is to compare these two cars in the category of performance?

Quote:
and i am talking about the 2003 zo6 and the 2003 m3.
didnt u earlier state u were talking about the 01 z06 with '385 hp and 385 lb ft of torque' (as u put it)?

Quote:
both cars run 13's the vette 13.10s and the m3 13.60s and the 0 to 60 is tighter with the vette at 4.5 and the m at 4.8. so genius tell me how the m3 doesnt run with the piece of shit rattle trap zo6
with the best 6MT driver in the M3 and a beginner in the z06, i could see how these times would be possible . . . line these cars up at the strip with normal drivers and u will see from the 60' launch to the end of the 1/4 mile, the z06 will absolutely dominate . . . the e46 will look like its going backwards

btw in bone stock z06s, very good drivers have been posting times in the very high 11s and low 12s, the best i have personally seen from an e46 has been a very high 12 to low 13, do u know how bad a one second gap looks when both cars are going 100+ mph? the M3 looks as if its aboslutely getting slaughtered

Quote:
when the next gen. m3 comes out and the zo6 will be left in the dust.
by making this statement its as if u recognize the fact that the z06 vs current e46 M3 is a bad performance comparison, i personally agree to this

if we were talking whats the better car over all and what car i would rather have as a daily driver i would probably tell u an M3, but performance at any rate this comparo goes hands down to the z06

i would sure as hell hope that a performance car that comes out 4+ MYs later will boast better figures then a dated design . . . as i said earlier, 1-2 MYs before this, the C6 will be out (were talking 450-500 hp for the base C6 compared to 350 for the C5) . . . i can only imagine what kind of a performance car that generation's z06 would be . . . a little food for thought

(i cant believe i just wasted al this time responding to such an incoherent, unthought out post filled with drivel about how the e46 M3 is a better performance car then the z06 . . . next time if u feel like posting something this stupid, can u at least post in paragraphs? it would be a lot easier to read)
Old 06-08-2003, 08:32 PM   #33
badboy325is
AF Newbie

again you wasted your breath

heres the thing, i originally said that the m3 would run with the zo6. thats not saying it will smoke the vette. but to me its pretty damn impressive when a car that has nearly a 50 percent smaller engine, is heavier and seats four can reasonably keep up with the baddest vette to date. and i wont back off my statement that chevy makes rattletraps and that includes the vette. and i think you have too much time on your hands to break down every line i said. yes at first i was talking about the older zo6, but since you were so into your vette i just figured i would use an 03 in comparison to the m3 since there is no sense in arguing about the older models. if you read my original reply i just said that he shouldnt compare his bmw to a vette. bottom line chevy produces shit, compared to the precision built bmw, and i thought it was funny when he said you cant compete with the performance of a v8, i just feel like the m3 does a pretty impressive job, and thats what got all of this started. so you can go yourself
Old 06-08-2003, 10:16 PM   #34
kaoru-tochiro
Banned

I haven't been here in like 2 months and I come back to this, you car guys need to get a life...fucking pathetic
kaoru-tochiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 11:27 PM   #35
BlOOe46
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to BlOOe46
Re: again you wasted your breath

Quote:
Originally posted by badboy325is
if you read my original reply i just said that he shouldnt compare his bmw to a vette.
if he shouldnt, why r u comparing it to the vette?

Quote:
bottom line chevy produces shit, compared to the precision built bmw
precision built? yeah the s54 was precisely built, precisely built to grenade under the hood of unsuspecting drivers . . . that is

Quote:
and i thought it was funny when he said you cant compete with the performance of a v8, i just feel like the m3 does a pretty impressive job
pretty impressive job? that is ur opinion . . . i certainly dont think its an impressive job when the z06 blows right by the M3 . . . honestly have u seen these cars in a drag? the M3 looks as if its going in reverse

. . . close, but no cigar buddy . . . telling me to go fuck myself, telling me chevy makes peices of shit . . . none of it offends me, the only thing in ur posts that offends me is ur clear stupidity in regards to cars in general and specifically the z06 vs e46 M3 debate

u need to learn to get ur head out of ur BMW loving ass and realize that the M3 isnt all that . . . as an all around car its one of the best, but when u start comparing that overweight pig to REAL sports coupes, prepare to put ur flame suit on
Old 06-09-2003, 01:32 PM   #36
RACER D12
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RACER D12
Quote:
when u start comparing that overweight pig to REAL sports coupes, prepare to put ur flame suit on
How can you call the Vett a real sports coup when all it can do well is a stright line Vetts are cool but suck in the handling department, compared to the M3 that is. However that goes for most muscle cars their just built to do stright line. Also the M3 not a real sports coup its one of the best all around sports coups out there. The M3 is built to own the track(A.K.A-REAL RACING) and go straight line fast to. However I do agree the Vett is a better stright line flyer and the M3 is heavy.

Quote:
btw in bone stock z06s, very good drivers have been posting times in the very high 11s and low 12s, the best i have personally seen from an e46 has been a very high 12 to low 13, do u know how bad a one second gap looks when both cars are going 100+ mph? the M3 looks as if its aboslutely getting slaughtered
Right show me proof

Also the M3 goes for around 50K and the Vett is around 80k so you could take that 30k left from buying a M3 and turbo or superchage it and kill vetts.

Lindsey Boost Enhancer, Blitz EBC, Hot Air Intake, Koni Yellows
RACER D12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2003, 12:22 PM   #37
spikedjax
AF Newbie

My 3.25i Sports (E30) has a Pipercross Viper induction kit one side and a full stainless Scorpion system the other. It's done 130k miles and will still do 0-60 in about 7 and top out about 140(if your brave enough)

The flat six is a bit sluggish till about 3500rpm then it goes mad. 4Cyl are never gonna give similar power unless you opt for the 4cyl E30 M3!

Quote:
It's not the speed that bothers me it's the sudden stop at the end!
spikedjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 08:17 AM   #38
badboy325is
AF Newbie

dumbass

you are so stupid i just want to punch you in your eye. i said he shouldnt compare the two because the m3 is such a better built car end of story. you are stupid and you are an asshole, you completely overlook the obvious truth that even though the vette may be quicker the bmw is a superior car. and you overlook the fact that i never, and ive said this before, said that the m3 would smoke the zo6. i just said that it runs with it, and once again it does. i wouldnt even say that if the m3 ran 14's and the zo6 ran 13's, but they both run 13's and the fact is that is impressive to me since the m3 is heavier and has a little over half the motor, not to mention the third most horsepower per liter out of all n/a cars in the world. but see you are so stupid you cant even agree that it is impressive for the m3 to put up numbers similar to that of the zo6. i think you should go to another forum if the only thing you can do is talk shit about the m3. i would like to know what you drive, because i know that for all the shit your talking you must drive a chevy, and its probaly a vette.....chevette that is. next time you argue why dont you bring some real answers. give me some reasons why the vette is a better built car, and why they arent rattle traps. and stop breaking down every statement i make and giving a smart ass response without offering any real proof to what you are saying.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:51 PM   #39
gigatron
Banned

Hey guys chill Remember this post was in regards to improving performance of bimmers not bashing z06 or m3 either way
gigatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 08:01 AM   #40
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
Alright everyone.... this thread has gotten completely off topic. I suggest we get back to the original topic or move on.

The dead horse has been beat.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series