Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
mateo caietta
AF Newbie

good first car (sports car)

Looking for a good not to expensive sports car as my first car
mateo caietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #2
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: good first car (sports car)

At the risk of my leading answer sounding like a cop-out, the Miata is probably the best bang-for-the-buck out there in sports car land. They’re not (in the grand scheme of things) expensive; they’re virtually indestructible, tons of fun to drive and you can make one go as fast as you like with the almost limitless supply of reasonably priced parts from hundreds of suppliers.

The Scion FR-S/Subaru BRZ twins are great cars. They have very good handling and reasonable power. But, they haven’t fallen into the easy-on-the-wallet used car category yet.

If you like American cars, the Mustang (especially the GT and similar variants) is lots of fun. Camaros are there, too, but I just don’t like them as much as the ‘Stangs. Challengers are pretty, but they’re not as nimble. Again, like the Miatas, the pony cars have lots of customization room given the depth of the aftermarket’s involvement.

If you’re also considering small sedans, the Subaru WRX and Volkswagen GTI are both excellent drivers. Living in Toronto, FWD or AWD could work to your advantage when dealing with either snow or lots of rain. The only downside I see to these is that they’re turbos – and I don’t like recommending anything turbo-equipped as a first car.

There’s also the Nissan “Z Car” range, as well as the Sentra “R” types. These are also nice cars that don’t seem to have any design problems.

I think you mentioned an Acura in your first post. Hondas and Acuras are very well-designed cars with great build quality. They do almost everything well and quite a few models are very sporty. Buying one is a matter of personal taste.

Take your time and test drive as many of the cars (that interest you) as you can. No amount of written advice is as good as actually being in the driver’s seat!

DB
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #3
mateo caietta
AF Newbie

Re: good first car (sports car)

Thanks I kinda like old American muscle
mateo caietta is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General