Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #1
GNXdreamin
Jack of All Trades

Send a message via AIM to GNXdreamin Send a message via Yahoo to GNXdreamin
'96 T & C infinity acoustic 10 wiring

Hello, all. I have a '96 Chrysler town and country, with the infinity acoustic 10 sound system in it. The previous owner had replaced the factory stereo with an aftermarket, and fortunately they did use a wiring harness. The problem was that for some reason, there was only sound coming out of the front dash speakers. i checked over all the wiring, and it appeared to be okay. There were 3 wires that were left unhooked, coming from the dash. There simply was not a harness to plug them into. After doing some digging around on the web, i figured out some things about the infinity system. Apparently it is an amplified system, and there are small amps, or 'power boosters' built into some of the speakers, being the front door speakers, and the rear panel speakers. There has to be a signal from the reciever to the ams to power up the speakers. So i found if i hooked up the amp signal wire to the remote wire coming from the stereo wiring harness, as well as securing a stray ground wire (one of the three left unplugged from the dash) to the ground strap coming out of the dash, i got a 'click' from a relay under the dash, and then i got sound from the woofers in the front doors. Sweet....or so i thought. I now have sound in the front dash, the two front doors (woofers), and sound from the two small tweeters in the rear pillars......but not from the two panel speakers on either side of the van, in the rear seat. I cannot figure it out, and it's driving me nuts. I only have two wires from the dash left unattended to, and i have no idea what they go to, or whether or not they even pertain to my problem. One wire is blue with a orange, or red stripe, and the other is a white wire with a black stripe. What do they go to? and are they part of my problem? if not, then how to i get the signal back to the two non functional speakers? From what i've gathered, once these systems work right, and the speakers are not blown, then they sound pretty decent. But they can also be a real headache! any help would be great! It seems i cannot find any sites with wiring diagrams for my year, equipped with the infinity acoustic 10 systems. The only thing i can find is for a basic stereo and speaker setup, which i don't have. Thanks in advance!
GNXdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
jpb53
AF Enthusiast

Re: '96 T & C infinity acoustic 10 wiring

Here's a diagram;

Last edited by jpb53; 02-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.
jpb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jpb53 For This Useful Post:
bonegang (07-27-2011)
Old 07-05-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
GNXdreamin
Jack of All Trades

Send a message via AIM to GNXdreamin Send a message via Yahoo to GNXdreamin

Hey, thanks alot! I think this will work out for what i need to know.
GNXdreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
bonegang
AF Newbie

MOST valuable help, thanks for posting that diagram.

Now: does anyone have the relay map / identification chart for a '98 Grand Voyager?

My speakers were dead after my local garage fixed a stuck radiator fan relay and I spent days hunting down the issue, even bought and fitted a new head unit. From reading that diagram I had a hunch that, since all fuses checked out ok, the realey was the issue... First thing I tried was swapping about identical part relays. Then I thought, 'what if the idiots didn't put the relays back right' and, sure enough, I moved one relay into the space next to it and everything came back to life. If I had the relay chart for the van, I think I'd have spotted it right away and not wasted ~three days of my life that I won't get back. Ho hum.

BTW, the dealer tried to tell me that the PCM was shot and I must get it replaced, for £750 (~$1,000). Thanks for the help, dealer a$$hole.
bonegang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
jpb53
AF Enthusiast

Look at the inside top of the cover.
jpb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #6
dlwdvm
AF Newbie

I'm having the same issue. Any way to get that wiring diagram?
dlwdvm is offline   Reply With Quote