Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Somerset
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-22-2002, 02:31 AM   #1
Slayer
AF Newbie

someset problems(need help!!)

my 1986 Buick Somerset has been plagued with problems, it's been ongoing for a while, and it's now down to an annoying miss,poor gas mileage,hard starting, and stalling at low rpm. I've replaced many sensors(including O2,TP,knock,coolant temp), changed plugs and wires,purged the fuel injectors, cleaned the throttlebody, and just put in a new ignition module which helped immensely, the miss is no longer constant, it is at low rpm and sometimes stalls, the miss goes away as you pick up speed. When starting the car, I have to give it some gas before it'll start. It's been scoped, and it told nothing except that the sensors are working, and the computer is reading that the car is in 3rd gear when starting!! Fuel pressure was tested and it is fine, theres a new fuel filter in it as well. Before the ignition mod replacement, it was missing constantly with HORRID gas mileage. The ign. mod. was replaced two days ago(battery was disconnected for about 2-3 hrs), all other replacements have been ongoing for a couple of months or more. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at the end of my rope and very frustrated!! Thanks in advance.....
Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #2
Deb Kirkpatrick
AF Newbie

Re: someset problems(need help!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer View Post
my 1986 Buick Somerset has been plagued with problems, it's been ongoing for a while, and it's now down to an annoying miss,poor gas mileage,hard starting, and stalling at low rpm. I've replaced many sensors(including O2,TP,knock,coolant temp), changed plugs and wires,purged the fuel injectors, cleaned the throttlebody, and just put in a new ignition module which helped immensely, the miss is no longer constant, it is at low rpm and sometimes stalls, the miss goes away as you pick up speed. When starting the car, I have to give it some gas before it'll start. It's been scoped, and it told nothing except that the sensors are working, and the computer is reading that the car is in 3rd gear when starting!! Fuel pressure was tested and it is fine, theres a new fuel filter in it as well. Before the ignition mod replacement, it was missing constantly with HORRID gas mileage. The ign. mod. was replaced two days ago(battery was disconnected for about 2-3 hrs), all other replacements have been ongoing for a couple of months or more. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm at the end of my rope and very frustrated!! Thanks in advance.....
Your post is rather old, but in case someone else has this problem....well, I'll give my input as I owned a 1985 Buick Somerset Regal for 17 years! My IAC, idle air control valve would go out about every 2 -3 years and it caused the same problems you just stated about your 1986. Also, a clogged air filter will do the same thing I found out after moving to the country and traveling dirt roads.
Deb Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Somerset