Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
T-birdy
AF Newbie

'95 Tbird A/C blower controller won't come out of dash...

About 15 years ago this bird blew the AC/heater blower, and I bought Ford's special tool to pull the controller of the dash. It came loose alright, but only far enough to barely see the connectors at the back. No way to even get a finger on the connectors... Wire bundle too short...! Took the car to the Ford dealer and $400 later they had it working with a new controller in the dash.

Well, now it just happened again...! No Blow...! I used the same old tool, and once again, I could not get the controller far enough out of the dash to do anything with it... (I was hoping the dealer had untangled the wire bundle and now I would get it out.... but no such luck.)

In any case, I thought I'd hook up a wire directly from a 12V source to the blower to see if it spins. I did this with a wire running outside the car directly from the battery. When I touched the hot wire to the terminal in the connector, the blower spun up just like new...! Good news...!

So I conclude I have a bad controller. But what do I do about it if I can't get it out of there....? What does Ford know that I don't, that gets it out...?
Anybody here know that....????
Thanks for any help...!
T-birdy is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird