Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
swburbguy
AF Newbie

99 explorer 4wheel disk brake rotor removal

i need to replace my rear rotors how do i get the rotor off the parking break shoes?
swburbguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 08:14 PM   #2
bumpinkicker04
AF Regular

Re: 99 explorer 4wheel disk brake rotor removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by swburbguy
i need to replace my rear rotors how do i get the rotor off the parking break shoes?
On the bottom of the axle right behind the rear driver side motor there is a small hole that should have like a little rubber piece for keeping debris out. Pry the rubber piece out and you will see a little adjustment thing for the parking brake. I can't remember which way you spin it to loosen the parking brake but that should take care of it. You can use a smalll narrow screwdriver to turn it. Just remember when you put your new rotors on you have to adjust it back or the parking brake will not work.
Let me know if that takes care of it.
bumpinkicker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:23 PM   #3
micromack
AF Newbie

Re: 99 explorer 4wheel disk brake rotor removal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinkicker04
On the bottom of the axle right behind the rear driver side motor there is a small hole that should have like a little rubber piece for keeping debris out. Pry the rubber piece out and you will see a little adjustment thing for the parking brake. I can't remember which way you spin it to loosen the parking brake but that should take care of it. You can use a smalll narrow screwdriver to turn it. Just remember when you put your new rotors on you have to adjust it back or the parking brake will not work.
Let me know if that takes care of it.
I have an 03 explorer. I've read many talk about this rubber plug in the backplate. However, my vehicle has no rubber plug, just a circle where it looks like they intended it to have an adjustment hole, but it's still got the steel there. Never stamped out I guess. Any suggestions?
micromack is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Explorer | Explorer Sport Trac