Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X5
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:55 PM   #1
catkoot
AF Newbie

Angry 2012 x5 E70 6v

Bought it used 58k miles , first day the battery died, took it to BMW dealer, labor+parts+programming $475, called the dealer i bought it from (not BMW car dealer)and they sent me the check for the full amount.

After 2 months engine overheating, towed the car to the dealer, water bump +thermostat
+flushing coolant and a few more flushing all trans, etc plus aliment, $1800 for water bump and thermostat+ the other things all together came up to $2500 after$300 discount, we went to pickup the car asked for discount and got the bill down to $1978.
very very disappointed about the quality of BMW, shame on them.

I went to the dealer i bought the used car from and requested they pay for the issue under the New York lemon law, waiting for them to get back to me.

I decided to buy extended warranty 5years/100k which comes first , covers almost everything(engine,turbocharge,trans,brakes,drive axle,steering,gasket,seals,brakes,electrical,a/c) , for $3700 plus tax comes up to $4000.

Do you think I did the right thing by getting warranty(already in two month and cost me $2500 to fix twice)? Is it a good price for the plan?

Anyone has any similar issues and experience etc..?

Found this article online" BMWs are reliable, but Japanese cars actually have a better track record. BMW models are officially rated “average” or “below average” by auto magazines and hobbyists. Though the company promises long intervals between servicing, the fact is that their turbocharged models often have more problems more often"
For reliability, it is below average according to Consumer Reports. The main problems occur in the electrical system and the cooling system for the engine. It rated even lower in the J.D. Power and Associates study, which gave the 2012 X5 just two out of five stars. This study found most problems in the electrical and cooling systems, as well as slight problems with the engine.

So be aware BMW buyers !! My second car is a Honda and it drives and feels better than BMW!! And its half the BMW price brand new !
catkoot is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > X5