Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot
Girl Racers' Spot For the Female Racer....
  Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 05:52 AM   #1
KrNxRaCer00
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KrNxRaCer00 Send a message via Yahoo to KrNxRaCer00
Please read before posting...

Over the past few weeks, i've noticed this forum running around in circles.

The topic of "girls and racing" has come up numerous times with people on both sides. This is a topic that comes down solely to ones opinion and only that. Of course everyone is free to open threads as they please, but lets try to come up with new ideas to keep these forums fresh and popular.

Also, it seems to be mostly males doing this, so i'll direct this to them. I understand that you may see a thread like "I give all you girl racers props" as an innocent thread, but what does this have to do with automobiles? This goes directly back to the whole sex issue, where else on these boards do you see "i give all you guys props...etc..."

These boards are here for our female members to discuss cars and their interest in them. For them to post up stories about their races etc...Lets get these boards back on track.

I'll leave this open to any discuss/ideas.

99 Yamaha YZF-R6 (sold)
2000 Acura Integra Type R (sold)
1994 Acura Integra GSR (retired/sold)
Old 09-09-2004, 08:10 PM   #2
darkprincess0330
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to darkprincess0330
Re: Please read before posting...

I think you are absolutely correct. It is suppose to be about cars and not about eye color or other topics having to do with females, other than their love for cars.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:20 PM   #3
chixSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chixSI

Thank you for making this thread! I have also made a thread about the same issue since i am wondering why threads about this topic always show up on this forum. I understand that we can post anything we wish to post, but can't we just have one thread open to this topic and keep everything that deals with that topic in there? I come here because automotive is pretty much the only good forum with a "girls spot" and i just want to talk with other females about cars and their interest, since there isn't many females around my area that are into cars. i don't mean to sound rude by this, but i would just like to read other things rather then always reading about giving us props on our interest. Thanks again and hopefully people will get the idea that we just don't always want to hear about this and want to learn more about cars.

***Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angel can Fly!!!***

www.teckademicseast.com
www.teckademics.com
www.dtmpower.net
www.motivonline.com
www.importvelocity.org

: TURBO is now in...
Old 10-13-2004, 08:38 PM   #4
89IROC&RS
AF Fanatic

I give all you gir................ just kidding i totally agree with taking this down the car path rather than the gender one.

Chevrolet Camaro - I enjoy beating the hell out of people

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68052
Old 01-27-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Just a few thoughts on what the moderator had to say about this forum running around in circles.

I personally think that by segregating female racers to a forum of their own is cause enough for the forum itself to stick out as a sore thumb. This therefore attracts guys like flies, and talk turns to girls VS guys, go girls! and props to girls. What is it that female racers do differently? They like cars, they like them fast, and serveral of them have knowledge about tuning. That makes them probably no different from their male counterpart racers, hence they could easily have done with being part of regular forums.

I spend my time in the Eclipse/Talon/Laser forum, where we get a few girls now and then who have technical questions...the sex thing does come around, but not with the intensity I have seen here. Their queries are answered without trouble and nobody goes crazy.

The last thing I wasnt to do is pass off as some clown trying to have the girls' forum closed down, or anything of the nature, and it is none of my businessm but the reality of the matter is that the ratio of "nonsense gossip" to "car talk" is severely disproportionate, and this forum serves as more of a "lets-go-oogle-at-the-chicks-for-a-bit" spot instead of a techincal forum.

Just my

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
chixSI
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to chixSI

Gosh man, that was said so beautifully. i guess it takes some people a longer time to get this point through their thick heads. but all i have to say, is thank you for understanding.

***Never Drive Faster Then Your Guardian Angel can Fly!!!***

www.teckademicseast.com
www.teckademics.com
www.dtmpower.net
www.motivonline.com
www.importvelocity.org

: TURBO is now in...
Old 11-18-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
yapann
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Please read before posting...

hi,
I think that's a good question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpyder
What is it that female racers do differently?
and I got an answer

girls have small foots! - so they can press gaspedal faster
hieh hieh hi
I'm ready to proove it!

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Warehoused Archives > Girl Racers' Spot