Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Exterior | bodykits | Lighting When your ready to showoff that 'H' ride, here's your forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
Civic1
AF Newbie

Post Projector Headlights?

I went through two Projector Headlights. The first Headlights I bought and had on about a couple of months, the driver side headlight turned yellow and the Halos burned out. I think it go water in it. The second headlights I went through the Projectors were facing down when I put them in. So I adjusted them and the screws on the back of the headlights broke inside the headlight. So now I have the old Projectors Headlights on my car now. I want to know what kind of Projector Headlights to get. I was leaning on getting the TYC Headlights but I saw the reviews and they say it is not that good. Can anyone tell me what good Projectors Headlights to get, cause I am tired of getting Projector Headlights and getting screwed. I am trying to lean away from the Halos (Since they burn out to soon). And I want to lean away of adjusting the projectors (Which are PITA!). Any good suggestions. Thanks.
Civic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
_93civchatch_
AF Regular

Re: Projector Headlights?

i havnt bought these myself yet but i am going to because they are like 2453245234 less exsensive, they sell them on ebay, unless thats where you got them from, but if not, try maybe, a set is like 70 bucks...lol cheap, but hopefully not cheap quality
_93civchatch_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
Civic1
AF Newbie

I bought both of the headlights on Ebay cause of the good price. The Headlights that I first Bought was this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...92921897QQrdZ1
The second headlights that I bought were these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...92759075QQrdZ1
I would get the first Headlights again but with the Halos burning out is the problem but you can really see clearly with them and they are really easy to adjust the projectors if you need to. I wouldn't buy the second Headlights if they were the only headlights out there, they are cheap and you can't see anything with them and adjusting the projectors are PITA! But I am still reasearching but wanted to get other people's opinion about headlights and what are the good Brands to get.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:10 PM   #4
siege911
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to siege911

I've heard good things about the TYC projectors, on other boards... if you want a good projector, go with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
The Popes really a vampire in a pyramid scheme to bring Attila the hun back from the dead.
Quote:
You all are fucktards and would bow to the ls1 and my 54 foot long ninja sword.
siege911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 12:52 PM   #5
elementskater15
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to elementskater15

I got some ebay lights .Good stuff. I wired the halos to a switch in the cabin and use them at dusk or when it's raining, so they shouldn't burn out any time soon.The only complaint I have is that they don't adjust like stock lights. You have to align them how you want and have a buddy tighten them down
Old 08-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #6
Civic1
AF Newbie

Thanks, I will try TYC Headlights. I hope they are good, I hope so cause of the price.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #7
donalduck_69
AF Enthusiast

you should just see how much it will cost to retrofit projectors into your factory lights. looks better and functions better. (if done right) IMO.
*RSR Exmag Catback Exhaust
*DC Sports Short Shift Adaptor
*Two Way Alarm
*Piaa Super White Headlights
*Momo Shift Knob
*Black Suede Headliner
*All Black Interior (changed from tan)
*Alpine CDA-9835 Head unit
*JL Audio 3 way components powered by Alpine MRD-345
*1 12" Eclipse Titanium powered by Alpine MRD-1005
*Dynamat Extreme everywhere and Monster Wiring throughout
*Alpine KCA-420i IPOD Interface
*Skunk2 OBD I Race Computer
donalduck_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 07:29 PM   #8
Civic1
AF Newbie

I tried to restore the driver side headlight and took it to a professional and they said it can't be done. I was also thinking to get some headlight covers for my headlights now. Cause I have no problem with them, its just the yellow that is off settign my car. But heres the picture of the headlight covers: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/99-00...spagenameZWDVW

What would you think? It would cover my yellow headlight up or I could get these instead: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/96-98...93579978QQrdZ1

Thanks.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:33 PM   #9
siege911
AF Regular

hey donald, isn't retrofitting hid's into factory headlights illegal?

Quote:
The Popes really a vampire in a pyramid scheme to bring Attila the hun back from the dead.
Quote:
Old 08-23-2005, 09:41 PM   #10
donalduck_69
AF Enthusiast

not from what i've heard. i think what you are thinking of is putting hid bulbs and ballasts into a headlight that's meant for halogen bulbs. that, from what i've heard is illegal, bet actually retrofitting projectors with hid's in them isn't. but correct me if i'm wrong.
*RSR Exmag Catback Exhaust
*DC Sports Short Shift Adaptor
*Two Way Alarm
*Piaa Super White Headlights
*Momo Shift Knob
*Black Suede Headliner
*All Black Interior (changed from tan)
*Alpine CDA-9835 Head unit
*JL Audio 3 way components powered by Alpine MRD-345
*1 12" Eclipse Titanium powered by Alpine MRD-1005
*Dynamat Extreme everywhere and Monster Wiring throughout
*Alpine KCA-420i IPOD Interface
*Skunk2 OBD I Race Computer
donalduck_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 12:43 AM   #11
siege911
AF Regular

yeah, you're right... that's what I was thinking of

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-03-2005, 03:25 AM   #12
Silverbolt
Exterior Guy

Send a message via AIM to Silverbolt
Re: Re: Projector Headlights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siege911
hey donald, isn't retrofitting hid's into factory headlights illegal?
Technically, any HIDs on a car that didnt come from the dealership is illegal.... but who really obeys that? haha! I have 6000k bulbs on my Denji projectors and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. My denji halos burned when I used to run with halogen bulbs, and I used to always drive with my high beams on (but pointed evenly with my low beams). From my understanding, the high beams should only be used occasionally, and for short periods of time. I believe the high beam housing heated up and melted the halo wiring and shorted them out. And by melting the halo wires, it can cause some smoke and lens fogging/discoloration.

"The only stupid question, is the question not asked."
Silverbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #13
eckoman_pdx
Honda God

Send a message via AIM to eckoman_pdx Send a message via Yahoo to eckoman_pdx
Silverbolt is right on the money.

First off, retrofitting HID projectors IS illegel. The law state modifying ht e headlight housing is any way is illegel. Yes, putting HID's in Halogen housings is illegel too, though some people feel it's easier to pass off, since if you hide the ballast/ignitor you can try and pass it as really bright halogens.

Now, as for projectors. Stay away from Gen3/Sonar. Period. They will say "Sonar" on the headlight glass somewhere. These are NOTORIOUS for having the halos burn out and having the lights burn out. If you have these DO NOT use the high beams. As Silverbolt said, it will melt the halo wires, render them useless, and then screw your regular lights up as well. Likely your discoloration is due to this.

With any projectors, I'd recommend only using the high being when neccassary and only for a short period of time. This minimizes the high beam housing from heating up too much and melting anything. I've heard of this happening more with gen3/eagle eye/sonar, etc (cheaper brands) than, say, denji...but I always figured better safe than sorry. It's always a good idea to run your projector headlights off of relays. I have had mine running off relays, only using high beaming when needed and only for a short period...for 4 years +...since they first came out, and they work fine. Low beams still work, high beams work (when I use them breifly on occassion) and the halos still work.

I'd never get ebay lights. Why? You don't know what you are getting. Sonar? Gen 3? Denji? Who knows, it's a gamble.

If you want projectors, I'd recommend TYC. If you want projectors with Halos, try Denji. Remember to follow the above precautions too.

I hope this helps some.

It's just that easy folks... mind the forum guidelines and we're cool.
Empty Pockets Racing Member #6
EPR Member 4 Life
eckoman_pdx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Exterior | bodykits | Lighting