Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
Ion Pulse
AF Enthusiast

Opel XUV

After visiting the GMC website, I was facinated by the Envoy XUV. It was the cleverist car I had seen in along time, up there with the Honda Jazz and Chrysler's Stow'N'Go system. Its multifunctional rear deck, which is water proof and the foldable bulkhead and various other features got me thinking, why not bring it to Europe, badged as a Opel(Vauxhall in the UK). Don't get me wrong I would be the first to moan about a 5.3litre V8 moster SUV coming to European shores but what about switching to a diesel unit, perhaps a tuned version of Isuzu's 3.0V6 common-rail could be fitted. The Monteray name could be resurrected for the new truck. Inside a new dash could be fitted, to look similar to that of other European GM products. On the outside new bumpers with a sharper more 'euro' look could be fitted along with a new range of alloys and other subtly changes but on the whole the XUV looks fine. Under the skin the chassis could be tweaked to provide a better on-road driving experience. Along with a sub-£30.000, and this could be a winner. If this could work, I think it would start a new trend in Europe to develop clever-pick-ups.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion