Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 06:51 PM   #1
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
Question will Holden come to U.S.?

Since Holden already builds the new Pontiac GTO at the same place where the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro is built, will HOlden come to the U.S.? would there be demand for their cars? a friend of mine who is ausralian told me that Holden cars have a rough ride and are uncomfortable. i cant agree or disadree. ive never ridden in one. But the SS UTE (their performance pickup truck) looks cool and goes fast. that would do well here. anybody else think so?
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:04 PM   #2
GMCSprint1971
AF Newbie

Cool Re: will Holden come to U.S.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheguy9999
Since Holden already builds the new Pontiac GTO at the same place where the Holden/Vauxhall Monaro is built, will HOlden come to the U.S.? would there be demand for their cars? a friend of mine who is ausralian told me that Holden cars have a rough ride and are uncomfortable. i cant agree or disadree. ive never ridden in one. But the SS UTE (their performance pickup truck) looks cool and goes fast. that would do well here. anybody else think so?
Sounds good to me!!! I keep telling everyone I'll buy a Ute if they send them over here. I even talked to some people that import Utes and Cars from Aus.. Unfornately they have to at least 20 or so years old to dodge a lot of import regs. I'd love to have an Elco with independent suspension, plenty of power, and the ability to actually haul and tow some toys...and look good doing so. I would look great sitting next to my '70 and '71. I thought the Monaro/GTO had independent suspension? I really don't see how it could have a rough ride with that. Besides let the U.S. aftermarket guys get a hold of it. I'm sure they'll have all kinds of hop up goodies for it in no time that would fix any short comings, If any. The reviews I've seen so far absolutely love it's performance and quality. The price is a little steep for a poor boy like myself....but apparently you get your moneys worth. That's what payments are for! I only hope that the approve design for the U.S. version of the Ute doesn't stray tooo far from the Aus. version. I really like the look of the SS Ute for sale in Aus. I would really love it if they sent the SST concept over as the new version of the "The Road" for the U.S. market...that would be sweeeet! A Corvette with a bed...it doesn't get any better! We can only hope that the "new" models that GM keeps talking about on there commercials will include an El Camino in there somewhere. Since the last of the 2004 models have shipped, according to the commercial, it's possible that when the new 2005 models are introduced one will be in the line up...? Goodness knows I'm sick as hell of front wheel drive cars! It's time for more rear wheel drive hotrods!

Cheers!
GMCSprint1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:31 AM   #3
-Davo
Banned

Re: will Holden come to U.S.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheguy9999

Your friend is ignorant.

Any holden, from 1960 onwards is awesome. I have a 96 VS Commodore, and it's better than anything I've ever sat in before. If you're looking at a BRAND NEW commodore, HSV, monaro, or small-medium car, you'll be sitting in fine comfort. Holden have their own luxury car, the Caprice, Statesman, and Calais (pronouced Call-ay) are all luxury and performance cars. Just for the Calais, you're looking at a 5.0 v8 luxury car that blows the M3 out of the water.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > General Discussion