Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Automotive Industry > Features and Editorials
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 01:10 AM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Paris2004: V10 Powered BMW M5

SUMMARY: <span style="FONT-SIZE:10pt; FONT-FAMILY:Arial">A consonant and an odd number: M5. Simple enough, yet these two digits hold enough power to make just about any red-blooded car enthusiast mess himself. The previous generation M5 with its superb V8 and six speed manual transmission was, simply put, the ultimate sports sedan in the world. With its balance of refined luxury and its ability to embarrass the owners of some exotic sports cars, the M5 has definitely earned its place in the automotive hall of fame. If you were BMW, how would you go about replacing this modern legend?</span>

View full article

What do you think about this story? Post your comments below.
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 05:40 PM   #2
STOVE BOLT
AF Newbie

Re: Paris2004: V10 Powered BMW M5

A Note To Bmw, The Viper Will Blow Your Brains Out.
STOVE BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:25 PM   #3
Lythium
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lythium

Dodge will never have the handling of a BMW.

And if it means anything. 65% of my shops repairs are on chrysler products.
Lythium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 02:07 PM   #4
STOVE BOLT
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Paris2004: V10 Powered BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lythium
Dodge will never have the handling of a BMW.

And if it means anything. 65% of my shops repairs are on chrysler products.
GEEZZZ.. LOOKS LIKE I STRUCK A NERVE..HANDLING? THATS FOR EUROPEAN CARS. IF YA WANNA GO LIKE HELL, IT`S GOTTA BE AMERICAN. DODGE DON`T HANDLE LIKE A OVERPRICED, OVER RATED, UNDER ENGINEERDED BMW... MAYBE.. BUT, I BET THAT BMW KNOWS WHAT THE TAIL LIGHTS ON A VIPER LOOK LIKE. SEE PAL, I LIVE IN AMERICA. I WORK IN AMERICA. I MAKE AMERICAN DOLLARS. I AM AMERICAN BORN. THUS, IF IT AIN`T AMERICAN, I`M TRULY NOT INTERESTED. BY THE WAY, THE DODGE RAM, V-10, "IS" THE FASTEST PRODUCTION TRUCK IN THE WORLD. IF YA WANT TO SHOW OFF, GET AN EXPENSIVE BMW. IF YA WANNA GO FAST, GET A DODGE VIPER. NUFF SAID.
STOVE BOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 03:12 PM   #5
Lythium
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lythium

=) No need to shout.
Lythium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 04:14 PM   #6
DinanM3_S2
Scuderia Kimi

The M5 wasnt meant to compete with the Viper... The Viper is a 2 seater, the M5 is a 4-door luxury car. This car was built to compete with the likes of the E55 AMG, RS6, Quattroporte, etc... While the Viper competes with cars like the Corvette, Porsche 911, even the Ferrari 360/430. The M5 probably wont lose 1 sale to the Dodge Viper, they are just too different.

Saying the Viper would beat the M5 is like saying that a Honda Accord would beat a Dodge Caravan. Your probably right, but who cares. All of these people comparing cars in completely different classes is starting to drive me insane.

Quote:
DODGE DON`T HANDLE LIKE A OVERPRICED, OVER RATED, UNDER ENGINEERDED BMW
Over rated and under engineered... If 500bhp from a 5.0 with a 7-speed is underengineered. Then what is an 8.3L, getting the same horsepower?

Quote:
SEE PAL, I LIVE IN AMERICA. I WORK IN AMERICA. I MAKE AMERICAN DOLLARS. I AM AMERICAN BORN. THUS, IF IT AIN`T AMERICAN, I`M TRULY NOT INTERESTED
Well, I live, work, and was born in America too, heck, Im even a Republican, but that doesn't mean that I need to be so closed minded to think that only the US makes worthy cars. I, personally would take the M5 over the Dodge Viper any day, just like I took the M3 over the Corvette.

Quote:
HANDLING? THATS FOR EUROPEAN CARS.
Hey, I think thats the idea isnt it. I bet the Germans and Italians would have to agree with you there.

"I collect walnuts"
-Kimi Raikkonen on his hobbies outside of F1
DinanM3_S2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:07 AM   #7
bmwkicksbutt
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Paris2004: V10 Powered BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by STOVE BOLT
A Note To Bmw, The Viper Will Blow Your Brains Out.
first let me say that if a viper is what dodge has ,to win the war,put the surrender flag out NOW,before innocent people loose,vipers from the get go in 94 where plagued with issues of lack of quality,integrity,yea it has a v-10,old caddys had v-12s,big deal,a big motor in a small car,high horse power to weight ratio,its going to move,a m5 is a heavy car,there is nothing simple about this car,its german engineering at its best,you should remember who owns dodge before you say another word,the viper had PLASTIC SIDE WINDOWS WITH A ZIPPER ,ROCKER PANELS THAT WOULD MELT AND BURN YOUR LEGS WHEN GETTING OUT,WHEN THEY HAD SIDE EXHAUST,GREAT ENGINEERING ,THIS WAS BACK IN 94,THEY WERE PLAGUED WITH INTAKE MANIFOLD LEAKS,SO HERE WE HAVE A $60K CAR THAT HAS AS MUCH QUALITY OF A FORD AND YOU WANT TO COMPARE IT TO A BMW,I NEED A DRINK,HOW MUCH IS A VIPER NOW,AND HOW MUCH IS A M5,WHO HAS A BETTER TRACK RECORD IN MOTOR SPORTS,I THINK MOST INTELLEGENT PEOPLE WILL TAKE THE M5 FOR ITS DRIVING PLEASURE, I KNOW WHAT A BMW CAN DO ,I WORK FOR A DEALER IN JERSEY,I DROVE A VIPER,WAS NOT IMPRESSED,I SAY THE Z06 CORVETTE HAS MORE TO OFFER THAN THE VIPER,BUT YOU WANT TO COMPARE THE M5??????MAN GET A HOLD OF YOUR SELF,
bmwkicksbutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:25 AM   #8
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Paris2004: V10 Powered BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwkicksbutt
WHO HAS A BETTER TRACK RECORD IN MOTOR SPORTS
BMW has had a lot of success in motorsports, but they've only won ten races in F1 with V-10 engines while the Viper GTS-R was the first of the 'new age' front engined rear wheel drive GT cars. It sparked renewed interest in top flight GT racing.

V-10 Viper race cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinanM3_S2
500bhp from a 5.0 with a 7-speed is underengineered. Then what is an 8.3L, getting the same horsepower?
Hp/liter is just a number.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Articles > Automotive Industry > Features and Editorials