Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:24 AM   #1
SuperMatty
AF Newbie

Looking for a 91/92 Eagle Premier or Monaco

Hey there,

I have a DeLorean, and yes, I'm looking to swap to the Premier engine from a 91 or 92. Anyone have one? I'm in northeastern US (pennsylvania). I can come pick it up any time that's convenient, or if you have a whole car, that's OK too. I'd prefer to get one that's under 75,000. Please e-mail me privately at supermatty@psu.edu, or call 814 404 1595. I am looking for a quick sale.

thanks,

Matt
SuperMatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

Re: Looking for a 91/92 Eagle Premier or Monaco

Well, I don't have any leads for ya, except to run a surf for Eagles. They getting very hard to find, running or not. Have ya called local or area boneyards to see if they have one in their yard?
Knifeblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

your post intrigues me, you want to drop a Premier engine into a DeLorean? How do you plan to mount and hook it in, and how do you expect to mate the ZF-4 transaxle to the front suspension and frame?

Actually, there are 4 differing transaxles they put in Eagles. But the primary one is the ZF-4 4-speed auto.

I'm just asking, cuz I curious how you plan to do this swap.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
SuperMatty
AF Newbie

The lower crankcase (which includes the motor mount castings) and oil pan from the DeLorean can be swapped over to the Eagle and bolted on without any modification. I'm going to use the stock 5-speed DeLorean Renault transmission, which also bolts up with no additional modification. The biggest problem will be figuring out if I can use the Eagle's magnetic crank trigger. The DeLorean uses a distributor. I may need to purchase an aftermarket crank trigger. In any case, finding a Premier or Monaco with less than 100K has been the biggest obstacle thus far.
SuperMatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:14 AM   #5
Knifeblade
AF Enthusiast

K, cool, I wasn't aware about how the Eagle engine would just drop in and mate to the DeLorean trans. Cool, ty for offering that info.!!!!!!!!!

One quick suggest is to use the AF group's mainpage, and check out some of their general forums, such as coffee break or cars in general forums. You may get better exposure to try to find the Eagle ya looking for.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Eagle > Premier