Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Gotian
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gotian
first attempt to ressurrect this section of the forum, RX7 First kills.

so weve been talking about bringing this section back from the dead, so here is a new post for us to kick start it up.

This was about 2 months ago (Maybe a little less). My RX7 is currently sitting in my garage undergoing some upgrades, just finished installing a FMIC.

So I just left my aunts house and I run into a late 90's early 00's civic with a fart can that is part of a local honda club around here (I know because of a later incident, thats another story) Around here hondas are dominant, as in there are tons of guys running them here more than in miami for some reason. This guy has his buddy riding in the passenger and they decide they want to mess with me and egg me on.

Now by all means my rx7 is not stock and you can clearly tell from the minute I turn it on, plus the fact is does say turbo II on it. We get to a light and these guys are looking at me smiling and laughing while revving the engine. I look back and ask "Really? You really want to do this?" The guy revs his engine again and laughs. "Dude, youre going to get stomped" I tell him. Now at this point, I heard no turbo, no blow off valve from this guy, no indication what-so-ever that his has any actual motor work done. I put it into gear "Okay man." Light turns green and he peels off.

I Figure im not gonna waste tires on this guy and do the same so I take off like normal and let him have a 2 car lead. I let the car go to redline and shift to second. The engine screams as the turbo spools up and I shoot right past the guy as I shift into third. I slow down as I put 2 cars between us making my point. The guy then decides to keep speeding up to get in front of me and put his emers on then turns into a gas station.

So normally I would have just let it go, but I was feeling like I wanted to be a jerk about it, so I followed into the gas station and pulled up to where he parked backwards to meet up with a couple other hondas and as I slow down and pass by I look over and say "Owned" ...to be continued
Gotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #2
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: first attempt to ressurrect this section of the forum, RX7 First kills.

Aaahhhh classic. I've had way too many encounters like that. I could write a small book on those. These days I get excited about challenging SRT's, SS's and GT500's. Which surprisingly are in a small abundance where I live. It's just I always find myself going in the opposite direction haha

Good one, nonetheless

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #3
Gotian
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Gotian
Re: first attempt to ressurrect this section of the forum, RX7 First kills.

I already know what the rx7 can hang with, I just don't go out looking anymore, just happened to be at the right place and right time. Around here there is a lot of american muscle since now I'm living in a red neck ish city as opposed to miami. On that same note the ones who own the muscle cars are the older folks 50+ who don't street race, which is fine by me cause they all go to the track. But I have more kill stories which I will get up soon.

Oh and btw our second daughter was born this saturday!
Gotian is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing