Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #106
old_master
Advisor/Moderator

Re: Airtex Fuel Pumps - Buyer Beware

Interesting viewpoint, but there's something a little more sinister involved here.... Who gets screwed if everybody buys foreign cars?
Old 10-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #107
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_master View Post
Interesting viewpoint, but there's something a little more sinister involved here.... Who gets screwed if everybody buys foreign cars?
well that is why I purchased a GM made in USA vehicles over these many years.

now however it is a strange trading world we live in.

you know your friend OBAMA . well he gave GM several billion dollars to save them and the jobs in the automotve industry. shortly after this bailout GM opens a huge auto plant in CHINA !

toyota makes many of its vehicles here. true the company is based in japan.

much of GM materials and parts are chinese. the vehicles are made in many countries. not like many years ago.

should Romney get in we will loose more good paying jobs.

how many house cleaners can these millionares hire anyway.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #108
SurfBeat
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
I am a GM owner since 1967. . GM has been designing vehicles for failure mileage and years of life. in todays market GM quality and durability is falling. GM is just out to screw us !
Cat, I was unable to comprehend part of your message "GM has been designing vehicles for failure mileage and years of life."

It appears from your message that you opined that GM vehicles were designed for
FAILURE, but YEARS IF LIFE?

After Barrack bailed out the unions to keep GM alive, I would never purchase a GM product unless I was given a substantial discount, i.e., 50% off dealers cost. I say that because my taxes support a private company and I now its time for my rebate, just like the dead beat homeowners got.
SurfBeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #109
j cAT
AF Fanatic

GM does design vehicles for end of life/period of use. 50,ooomi and about 7yrs. that depends on where/how the vehicle is used. they do this as they cut costs make cheap crap that does have a short life. it is all about the profit ,not customer satisfaction or reliability. thats why shortly after the warrantee ends these GM vehicles start breaking down, lots to repair. If you do it your self and smart shop parts it is not too bad. as the miles and years add up time to get rid of it.spend too much time and money on it.

toyota is another story , they do last longer. they are designed for reliability.

now the Chinese and japs are fighting over some rocks[they call Islands] in the china sea. the Chinese are not buying any jap cars. what they are buying in large amounts is those Chinese made GM vehicles. the only reason they can by them is because OBAMA gave GM the cash to survive.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #110
j cAT
AF Fanatic

we will get more of the GM bail out than you think as chinese buy those GM made vehicles.

the homeowners that the Banks used "AS STATED INCOME " to get all those loans we will not see one cent.

many investors all over the world bought those loans and they got screwed.

not one banker in jail not one. and they stole hundreds of billions.

the banks do run this country/world.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #111
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

recent word has it that Romney and a group of investors bought Delphi (former AC/Delco) before the bailout. (at something like 65 cents a share)
They threatened to cease production of GM steering columns (this shutting down GM production) unless they got GM bailout money. They did, and promptly closed 13 out of 14 US plants and moved most production to China.
The Romneys personally made (up to) $115 million because the share price rose to $22 per share... so they sold.

Yes this is a gross oversimplification, but money does make the world go around
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #112
CUPER
AF Newbie

AIRTEX is the worst pump, i reemplace 3 times in 9 months in a f250,las time i buy a motorcraft, more quiet and i have 6 months and no problems, the first two airtex pumps only work 4 four months, the third pump only 1 month.
CUPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #113
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2ea5th7er View Post
Good tips. I've had an Airtex pump in my car for a couple of years without any problems.
You are the exception rather than the rule, and you're probably on borrowed time. Please provide the make, model and year of your vehicle for reference.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #114
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUPER View Post
AIRTEX is the worst pump, i reemplace 3 times in 9 months in a f250,las time i buy a motorcraft, more quiet and i have 6 months and no problems, the first two airtex pumps only work 4 four months, the third pump only 1 month.
Simply put, Airtex pumps are pure garbage. I can't say it enough. the rumor was, it was only the Blazer models that were bad, Now it looks like the F250 models is in the same boat.

I KEEP HEARING THE SAME SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN. MY AIRTEX PUMP ONLY LASTED 6 MONTHS, OR I HAVE PUT 3 OF THEM IN XX MONTHS.

STOP BUYING THEM AND DON'T PUT AIRTEX FUEL PUMPS IN ANY VEHICLE, PERIOD.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #115
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

The most amazing thing about Airtex Garbage Fuel Pumps is how we never hear from anyone truly defending them outside of a rare occasional car owner that happened to get lucky with one of their POS Pumps. We never hear anything from the people who make them (factory workers) or their management. MY THEORY IS, THEY ALL KNOW DAMN WELL HOW BAD THIER PUMPS ARE AND ARE TO ASHAMED TO SHOW UP ON THIS FORUM AND DEFEND THEMSELVES.

So, Here is my open challenge to any ad all Airtex Management, Engineering, Quality Control, Production staff, and/or Return/Warranty Dept. personnel:

Old 11-18-2012, 01:25 PM   #116
old_master
Advisor/Moderator

You're assuming they can read..... English
old_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #117
dep124
AF Newbie

Hello All,

Just came across this thread after a search to find out about the quality/reliability of Airtex fuel pumps. 116 pages! Wow. Very informative. Didnt read all but enough to get a very good idea of Airtex products.

Im curious if Airtex pumps have gotten any better in quality? I seem to remember reading some comment in passing not too long ago about Airtex finally getting the message and improving their pumps.

Is this the case or are they still producing the same junk as in the past?

BTW...I have a 93 S-10 Blazer with 97,xxx orig miles. I bought it because the body/frame was rock solid. And in this part of the country (NYS) thats rare if a vehicle is driven in the winter. Hooray for that wonderful calcium! Pulled the engine due to a bad rod and am about ready now to reinstall but noticed the brake/fuel lines need to be replaced.

Since this will make it necessary to drop the tank I was giving some thought to replacing the pump (wouldnt be surprised if it still has the original). At this point it hasnt run in about three years. Should I just give the pump a good inspection and take the "if it aint broke dont fix it" position and reinstall or consider replacing?

Ken
dep124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #118
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RISK PUTTING AN AIRTEX PIECE OF CRAP PUMP IN YOUR TANK, OR ANY OTHER AFTERMARKET PUMP.

Do yourself a huge favor and put an AC-Delco Delphi pump in and do it right the first time. The cost difference is too small, usually the AC-Delco pump is only about $50 more, but well worth the money.

As far as I am concerned the "Don't fix what ain't broke" works. Change your Fuel Filter, then test the fuel pump pressure and see what happens.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #119
Rick Norwood
Big Tall Dumb Ass

Well Airtex, I just thought you might like to know that it has been 3 full years since I carved your piece of crap Airtex Fuel Pump out of my 2000 Jimmy, and replaced it with an AC Delco-Delphi Fuel Pump. 3 wonderful, beautiful, trouble free years without one single problem. I'll just bet you lay in your beds at night wishing you had a track record like that.

But the big question I have to ask is this, What exactly do you think about when you lay in your beds at night? Do you toss and turn knowing you have ripped thousands of people off by selling them your garbage, worthless, piece of crap pumps? Or do you sleep peacefully with the teachings of P.T. Barnum (of Barnum & Bailey's Circus) "there's a sucker Born evey minute"?

Last edited by old_master; 08-19-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Rick Norwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 04:00 PM   #120
harvey manwarren
AF Newbie

Airtex Fuel Delivery Systems, the world's largest manufacturer of fuel pumps, must do something right
harvey manwarren is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info