Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
hayleefaith
AF Newbie

2005 neon issues?

Well just about a week ago my neon pulled a code for a camshaft position sensor. I replaced it and all is well. Until the other day when the oil light came on with every single turn I made. I heard to Walmart and got a quart of oil and it went off. Two days later it came on again. I went to Walmart again and added more oil. Yesterday, the oil light came on and stayed on. I got two quarts of oil and put them in and checked under the hood. There is no smoke coming from anywhere and no visible leaking whatsoever. This car is however due for its oil changewhich iI will conduct on Monday but I really don't wanna waste buying 4-5 more quarts of oil just for it to be wasted. The owner of this car (my boyfriend) says he smells burnt oil or burnt something under the hood. The sparks plugs were replaced just 3 weeks ago. The camshaft was replaced a week ago, to the day. Might it need a tune up? Any thoughts?
hayleefaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
Oldsmobile Doctor
AF Regular

Re: 2005 neon issues?

If you are smelling oil and it is disappearing it most likely leaking out a part that was removed to change the cam, valve cover gasket or camshaft seals come to mind.
Oldsmobile Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon