Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '06+ Civic
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 08:33 AM   #1
jaidendixon
AF Newbie

I need help installing fog lights 8th gen civic si coupe

8th generation civic si fog light help!!!!... I see so many forums of how to install them.... I got my fog lights today.. And everywhere I look...when you connect the fog light there’s a brown harness and you connect the fog lights to there and you connect the rest to the brown harness inside the car by the clutch. ... So here is the question. I got my fog lights from amazon... and when I went to install them.. My fog lights don’t have the harness to connect to that brown harness. So what should I do?????
jaidendixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:46 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: I need help installing fog lights 8th gen civic si coupe

You may get more help by posting in the Civic-specific forum versus where you posted - Cars in General. If you would like one of the moderators to move this post for you, reply back.

As for your question though, did you order fog lights specific to your application, or "generic" fog lights intended for any vehicle installation? If generic, it's not a surprise that they did not come with a specific harness for your vehicle. If specific, you should contact the vendor you purchased the lights from and ask them if the kit was missing the harness or if the harness is sold separately. If it's something that they sell separately, wiring foglights is not a terribly difficult thing to do if you have rather basic wiring skills, can read a wiring diagram, and don't mind possibly installing a separate switch.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:52 AM   #3
jaidendixon
AF Newbie

Re: I need help installing fog lights 8th gen civic si coupe

Yes, I am actually new to this platform. Yet I didn't know where to post as I been encountered this issue. Kindly move this thread to the relevant section

Thanks for your guidance....

You are right I have to contact the vendor. It might be possible they sold separately harness.
jaidendixon is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '06+ Civic