Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 04:42 PM   #1
builtsable
AF Newbie

Unhappy CAR Overheating. Help me out

MY car overheated today. I put it up on Jackstands and noticed that the leak is coming from ABOVE the crankpully. Is this leak from the Waterpump? It leaks a LARGE amount of water in a very short time. Any help would be nice. Thanks.
builtsable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:37 PM   #2
CZSable
AF Newbie

Re: CAR Overheating. Help me out

Yes, its is your water pump. I had the same problem. Also had to change out the temp sensor, and fan relay. Change your pump ASAP before you warp your heads
CZSable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 02:10 PM   #3
ricardoliveira
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to ricardoliveira Send a message via AIM to ricardoliveira Send a message via MSN to ricardoliveira Send a message via Yahoo to ricardoliveira

Atention... if you are going to replace a part that has a leak, tou should clean the radiator and the coolant system. I already found the mistake in my vw. A few weeks ago i replaced a tube from the radiator circuit. In that operation i replaced and cleaned the radiator... and i made a mistake, i didnt "bleed" the radiator well, so it gained air... and air prevents the coolant to get into touch with the termostat, so the 1st fan velocity didnt worked... i looked in the net and come with a solution, i already did it and now its working well.

1 - warm the car to the middle temperature without the cap that covers the coolant resovoir.
2 - And now the trick... turn on the heat on the car to maximum... the coolant will run through the tubes to warm the air to warm the veihucle interior, and you will see bubles in the resovoir... after a few minutes until it stops give some gas to the car... just a little to bring the air up. turn off the car.
3 - with a key, unscrew the termostat until it comes a little water, as soon you see water, screw it again. cover with the cap the resovoir and try it out.

For me did work, try to find in google.com HOW TO CLEAN CAR RADIATOR

I just hope i dont have a leek in somewhere else, because if i have the air will enter again and bring back the problem. tomorrow i will try it again to see if it is ok.

Try this and give me your result to ricardo.oliveira@sm.efacec.pt

Hasta la bista................
ricardoliveira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:19 PM   #4
Eugene Walker
AF Newbie

Where is the fan relay located?? on 94 sable?
Eugene Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Sable