Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 306
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Pug306
AF Newbie

Wobbly wheel and annoying knocking @ front, offside wheel???

Hi, can anyone please advise me, I have just started to get a really wobbly steering wheel with quite a bit of play in it and a really annoying knocking noise that kinda feels like it's under the accelerator pedal. It kinda feels like the wheel is loose and falling off but obviously it's not.
I first though maybe it's the bearing so jacked it up and gave it a wobble but nothing, I put it back down and wobbled the steering wheel while stationary and there is some play there, accompanied by a knocking sound. The closest I have got so far to finding a solution is track rod ends but there isn't much mention of knocking in a straight line, only when steering in a particular direction.

If it could be that, can anyone give me an idea of how much it is to get sorted, and how urgent it needs to be done, I have a 200 mile drive next monday (6th July) and don't want it to come off on the motorway and have me and my family career into the central reservation @ 70mph...thanks.
Pug306 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Peugeot > 306