Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:50 PM   #1
Slowprocess
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Slowprocess
Thumbs up Sorry no pics, just got back from cracking a chipped powerstroke!!

Sorry for not taking the pics tonight, but I got called out by a new chipped,exhaust, 6.0L Powerstroke tonight and had to crack it open. I gave him the jump and lauch in 4x4. Make no mistake, these things are pretty dang quick! It went 13.8 at the track. Like I said, I gave him the jump, and he put a good 4-6 trucks on me(I'm still on the hard ass street tires). I didn't try to launch the truck, but went half throttle and still lit the tires up. I let off and tried it again. At around 35-40, I hooked and the reeling in began. I put about a truck on him by the end of the quarter, but I trapped a good 5-10mph higher. He thought he was just ringing a little 4.8L, but he had hooked up with the wrong CHEVY!!!! The slicks will be here Friday, so I'm going to the track Saturday to get some numbers. I'll also take the pics of everything tomorrow. I have the ones of the head work, the heads with the Comps 918s in, and the motor still in the crate, but I'll wait to post them with all the other ones. I love crackin Fords, and he knew he got OWNED. Just wait until the ET Streets get here. Then the fun will begin.

Daily Driver- 00 Camaro SS A4 1/4- 12.30@118mph 2.14-60ft on street tires
Weekend Warrior-99 Silverado "Dirty" 1/4-11.63@118mph 1.8-60ft
Slowprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
airtight_python
AF Regular

Re: Sorry no pics, just got back from cracking a chipped powerstroke!!

Sweet. Keep showin' those Fords what's up with slowprocess! I had a totally bald tire that worked about like I slick.. pretty funny.
airtight_python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Slowprocess
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to Slowprocess
Re: Re: Sorry no pics, just got back from cracking a chipped powerstroke!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon_rip84
Sweet. Keep showin' those Fords what's up with slowprocess! I had a totally bald tire that worked about like I slick.. pretty funny.
My nittos are getting that way really quick. If I hold out long enough, I could use them for slicks. Too bad they're as hard as they are. Not the best decision on tires to race with. It' ok though, the good ones will be here soon. I sent a p.m to BigTex for you(about the post). Next time he logs on, he'll send some advice your way. I've actually sent out a few, so you'll get a response soon.

Daily Driver- 00 Camaro SS A4 1/4- 12.30@118mph 2.14-60ft on street tires
Weekend Warrior-99 Silverado "Dirty" 1/4-11.63@118mph 1.8-60ft
Slowprocess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
airtight_python
AF Regular

Re: Sorry no pics, just got back from cracking a chipped powerstroke!!

Good deal man. I really appreciate it.
airtight_python is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado