Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 01:29 AM   #1
David Kang
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to David Kang
Smile S2000 Owners!!

Hey I was just wondering what kind of mods you guys put on your S2000s. This is what I have so far.

Apexi T66 turbo.
AEM cold air intake
VeilSide single titanium teardrop exhaust system.
Spoon ECU
Spoon Carbon Fiber air Duct.
Spoon S2000 70mm Throttle Body
Spoon S2000 Head Gasket
Spoon S2000 Racing Camshafts
Spoon Drive Shafts
Spoon Disk Brakes
Toyama Turbo Timer
Apexi Intercolders
NX 50 shot nitrous oxide
Apexi WS Dampers

Thats about it. I'm so broke right now its not even funny. I don't know what to do on my car next. I work in my uncle's shop so I get paid well enough to spend around 5 thousand dollars more. Please tell me what you guys have in your ride and give me some pointers if you guys have any. Thank you
Old 07-24-2003, 03:55 PM   #2
SIIKprice
AF Newbie

yea...

hey dude, drop the turbo and get the vortec SC. how u like how light and loud that teardrop is dude?
Old 07-24-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
David Kang
AF Newbie

The titanium teardrop is very light, the last time I check it was like 6 pounds. Stock exhaust system for the S2000 was about 47 p or 48 pounds. The loudness of the exhaust is unbelieveable. No jk when I tell you that I can barely hear my friends car when we are driving together. He owns a Rsx-type S. I like my turbo better than the superchargers. The reason is because superchargers give constant power to the engine but the turbo takes time spooling up. I guess I like the turbo better because I like the feeling when the boost meter is at peak and I can hear the beautiful sound of the turbo. Its really great.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
SIIKprice
AF Newbie

awesome

yea, i guess the only thing i dont like about it is the lag. and man, im gonna save up and buy a veilslide body kit. that shit is awesome, its $2,200 though. i dont think im gonna get a supercharger or turbo for mine. just a massive intercooler so people will think i do.
lol
Old 07-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #5
David Kang
AF Newbie

If you gonna trick people into thinking that you have a turbo in your car. I heard about this speaker that makes these turbo sounds at a push of a button for like 200. =P
Old 07-24-2003, 09:29 PM   #6
blasian_man
AF Enthusiast

just a quick question

i've seen pictures of a s2000 with a carbon fiber hardtop, i think its by mugen, does anyone have one? i'd like to see more pics of it
blasian_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 07:35 PM   #7
WongGahming
AF Newbie

hey does the spoon head gasket really do alot? i was actually thinking about getting it. i want to try and go all motor to get me over 300whp.
I almost bought the veilside tt exhaust, i hear its about as loud as not having an exhaust at all. and even with the silencer its painfull. not the best thing for hearing yourself think while you drive.
the veilside kit is nice, but it still is fiberglass, try and find something urithane its more sturdy and able to take a bit more abuse.
yes mugen makes a cf hood, so does topsecret. and i belive one more company. you should contact the guys at evolution autosports they deal alot in S2000 and may be able to help you out. www.evolutionautosports.com they are the shop that work on pretty much all of the s2000's in my area. very good guys with very good prices.
WongGahming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2003, 10:36 PM   #8
David Kang
AF Newbie

Yea tankz a lot. The spoon gasket doesn't do a lot but I feel safer that it is a better one then the stock one. Cause I really push my car hard and it helps me a lot. Yea that VeilSide TT exhuast is loud. The cops pulled me over like 4 times. Didn't give me a ticket though. =) I think if the sound of your exhaust is too loud or something like that they will give you a ticket. I'm trying to get a Mugan carbon fiber hard top right now. Its 5,000 dollars. TOo expensive...if I get that then I won't be able to get anything else. So I'm still thinking about it.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #9
WongGahming
AF Newbie

i heard that the spoon gasket increases the compression of the engine MORE like only .3 though i thought that would have affected performance some. isn't it thinner then the stock gasket? and yeah thats alot of money for a dang hood have you checked out www.gtp.com? they have some good price breaks
WongGahming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 03:44 PM   #10
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DensoSupra
Re: just a quick question

Quote:
Originally posted by blasian_man
i've seen pictures of a s2000 with a carbon fiber hardtop, i think its by mugen, does anyone have one? i'd like to see more pics of it
Yes, mugen makes one. It's $5,000.
DensoSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:03 PM   #11
David Kang
AF Newbie

yea that was the one that I was talking about. It looks really nice but too expensive. =( I might get it but I might not. Just save it for a later time.
Old 07-31-2003, 09:10 AM   #12
DensoSupra
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DensoSupra
Well they also make an FRP version. I believe that was $3,000 but I'm not sure.
DensoSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 02:22 AM   #13
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
I wouldn't ever recommend a Vortec SC over just about any turbo system. You have made the better choice. Also, very refreshing to read about your car, and that you have stuck to power mods, not appearance mods. That is the way to go, IMO. Oh and by the way, I wouldn’t buy into the aftermarket head gasket deal. A Honda factory head gasket from an F20C is good for any typical to aggressive turbo application. There are 400 whp turbo Hondas that use factory head gaskets.

If you've got another $5K or so burning a hole in your pocket, I would look into one or more of the following:

• Engine rebuild. I don’t know how much boost you run, or how much you plan on running, but a T66 tells me that you’ve got a lot of boost. Don’t put your faith on the standard internals of your F20C. Take a look at this guy’s site about his S2000 turbo, and the multiple rebuilds he has been through. If you stay with forced induction, it is most likely just a matter of time until you will need one.

• Better turbo header. HyTech Exhaust is probably your best bet here. You don't specify what your current header is like, but until aftermarket VATN systems become available, this will probably be your best bet for reducing your spool time. And their headers are by far the nicest-looking turbo headers I have ever seen that are on anything resembling a mass produced item (please note that the fastest FWD Honda in the world, Steph Papadakis AEM Civic uses a HyTech header – it is on the right below).

• Air to liquid intercooling system. If you’re in California, car theft at least should be a concern. Therefore, a front-mounted, easy to spot air-to-air intercooler core makes your car much more of a target. An air to liquid system, though it adds more parts and a higher degree of mechanical complexity, is more effective at reducing your intake temps, and the front mounted oil cooler you will be using for the system looks like a radiator so it won’t tip off anyone that you have a turbo system. Here you can take a look at some Spearco Universal Air/Liquid Intercoolers.

There is debate, even among turbo system experts like Corky Bell, about which type of intercooling system is the better way to go. I don't think you will be able to find a definitive answer. It is about personal preference, and applicability of each option. If it is doable with your S2000, then that is a viable alternative.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 02:40 AM   #14
David Kang
AF Newbie

WOW thanks for all the information. I'm checking out some of the websites that you gave me and these are some great info. That chris guy really has a nice S2K. I really love his carbon radiator panals. Thoes look great. Thanks again for all the info and when I get a Scanner I will be sure 2 put up some of my pictures up there. =)
Old 08-07-2003, 07:03 AM   #15
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Quote:
Originally posted by David Kang
WOW thanks for all the information. I'm checking out some of the websites that you gave me and these are some great info. That chris guy really has a nice S2K. I really love his carbon radiator panals. Thoes look great. Thanks again for all the info and when I get a Scanner I will be sure 2 put up some of my pictures up there. =)
Great. Glad to help.

How much boost are you running?
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000