Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
ronnyvous1
AF Newbie

'98 heater blower issues

Well, the blower (front) has stopped working, on all settings, and the dealer (who claims that they ran 12V directly to the motor) says it's 7 hours and $630 bucks to replace the motor.....Without even bothering to grouse about the engineering wonders of the Durango, any suggestions on a): verifying that it is indeed the motor and not the resistor or a fusible link somewhere in line?, B):How much does a replacement motor cost and any sources around for a good used one?, and C): Suggestions on doing the R & R myself? Any shortcuts or do I really need to dissassemble most of the front half of the car?

This Dodge has really been a good truck for me, 140K and while we went through the sludge problem requiring the intake and pump to be replaced (it got that bad) at 110K, and a bit of play in the front end (but hey, it's old!), she has towed our boat and enclosed trailer filled with reenacting gear at high speeds all over the East, suffered a break-in (Door handles WAY too easy to pop out) and my wife's poor depth perception (The dealer just laughed when I asked about trade in value, they put a LOT of these on the street!), and has asked for new sneakers every 50K, two sets of pads and shoes, and a pair of rotors, fresh oil and a set of plugs, without a lot of nit-picky stuff that my GM's have had. I wish that Daimler-Chrysler would back up the engineering faults a lot better, because I have been seriously looking at a new Hemi 1500 Quad cab but it's hard to convince myself to drop 30K + on a new truck and encounter the same level of dumb engineering and poor support.
ronnyvous1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Durango