Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 10:30 PM   #1
Jmunk
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Jmunk
Thoughts on cars with salvage title

I found a nice Integra LS with a salvage title. It's at a small little car lot that buys wrecks and fixes em and sells them. The car is from VA and rust free. It has skunk2 coilovers and tokcio adjustable shocks on it with decent 14" alumnium wheels on it. it ahs like 150,000 miles on it and they are asking $2800. Are cars with salvage title hard to get rid of and do they hold value ?
Jmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 11:06 PM   #2
amy@af
Traffic Directing Admin

Send a message via Skype™ to amy@af
depends on what it was the "salvage" is. there are only a couple of things it could be:
1) accident
2) water/flood damage
3) fire
and sometimes
4) theft/vandalism

salvaged cars do not hold much value. go to www.kelleybluebook.com and go to used car retail and then look under "private party"...then when it says car's condition, select "rate-it." check the price of the car with salvage (towards the bottom of the list) and without. you'll see the difference.

sometimes it can be hard to resell a car with a salvage. but you really have a 50/50 chance. sometimes there are people out there only looking for those car because they do sell for less. it's a double edge sword.

good luck on the decision

ami

..don't make me send Setanta over in his Waambulance to give you an aloe tissue for your sensitive nose!

*~ ~> USeR GUiDELiNeS*<~ ~*

I <3 the G Ride ~*~ I <3 OLD SKooL
amy@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 02:35 AM   #3
CRX586
AF Regular

Salvage title = hard to get car insurance for and hard to finance (from what I looked into). Flooded cars have a lot of problem, right?
CRX586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 01:11 PM   #4
darolh
AF Enthusiast

If you can figure out why it was salvaged, that might make the decision easier. A big wreck would turn me off, but the car having been stolen and the owner not wanting it back wouldn't bother me. If you are going to keep the car forever and run it 'till it's junk, then it may be worth it. If your goin gto try and sell it some time, I wouldn't bother.
darolh is offline   Reply With Quote