Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > PT Cruiser | PT Cruiser Convertible
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #1
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81
01 timing belt help.

I am replacing head gasket, Water Pump and Timing belt on an 01 PT Cruiser 2.4L manual tranny. Well I am having a hard time getting the motor mount bracket/plate off the engine, well mainly this one bolt, and I am sure the plate also, there is not enough room to get it out. Anyone know of any tricks to doing this.
Joe

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

Last edited by dksob81; 07-10-2009 at 01:56 PM.
dksob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
hundahunta
AF Enthusiast

Re: 01 timing belt help.

you have to lift the front of the engine the side with the mount very high, the bolt comes out with the mount, also make sure you watch the ac pressure switch connector on the ac compressor, it gets tight sometimes when you lift the engine
hundahunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dksob81 Send a message via AIM to dksob81 Send a message via MSN to dksob81 Send a message via Yahoo to dksob81

I did this on a dodge neon (2.0L engine) before and had the same setup and I remember messing around to get the motor mount out but it was a pain and was just wondering if anyone knew of any tricks to make it alot easier.

W.T.T.F. - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited - Deep Slate Pearl - K&N FIPK GEN II (COLD AIR INTAKE), Altezza Tails and Crystal Clear Front end light with HID Kit and NP242 Swap.

Old 08-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #4
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Ok, well i got it all done and put back together. now, it won't start without having the gas floored and when idling it runs very very rough. I am pretty sure the timing is dead on tho, I checked it 3 times, after I got the belt on and tension on the belt-everything lined up perfectly.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:39 PM   #5
dksob81
AF Enthusiast

Still not running, I am at a loss

Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
Charlie Goode
AF Newbie

Did you lap the valves while you had the head torn down
Charlie Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Charlie Goode
AF Newbie

It's funny that you posted this because I'm having the same problem and I think the valves didn't seat so I'm tearing it all down again then I have another one to do right after this one oh how I love a pt lol I hate them ex specially that side mount
Charlie Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #8
partyd
AF Newbie

Are you getting any error codes ?
partyd is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > PT Cruiser | PT Cruiser Convertible