Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > PT Cruiser | PT Cruiser Convertible
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #1
Searles Lewis
AF Regular

PT Cruiser Will Not Start

Last night, was trying to go to the emergency room for a strep throat. We've had problems with a new landlord-her drunken brother thinks I am out to get him, since I helped him try to get a job, and he failed due to anger issues during application.

Last night we came home, he kept marching by and striking the car with his leg, angry. Later, due to sore throat for 6 weeks due to flooded bedroom from snow and bad contractor, we were travelling across the local gold course, and the car died. The car would not turn over, but would crank.

We've replaced the battery, to no avail. Starter is being tested. About 2011, our previous landlord had had a tenant put a bottle of prestone into our car (he is a mentally unstable vet, had lost 2 court fights with us over nothing) . It has a half tank, engine light is on.

Any suggestions?
Searles Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
Searles Lewis
AF Regular

Smile Re: PT Cruiser Will Not Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searles Lewis View Post
Last night, was trying to go to the emergency room for a strep throat. We've had problems with a new landlord-her drunken brother thinks I am out to get him, since I helped him try to get a job, and he failed due to anger issues during application.

Last night we came home, he kept marching by and striking the car with his leg, angry. Later, due to sore throat for 6 weeks due to flooded bedroom from snow and bad contractor, we were travelling across the local gold course, and the car died. The car would not turn over, but would crank.

We've replaced the battery, to no avail. Starter is being tested. About 2011, our previous landlord had had a tenant put a bottle of prestone into our car (he is a mentally unstable vet, had lost 2 court fights with us over nothing) . It has a half tank, engine light is on.

Any suggestions?
It gave a p0340. The mechanic refused to work on it, so now we need another. Does anyone know how to check to see if it is the timing belt, or a fuel problem, whereby someone disconnected my fuel filter OR if it is the timing belt and pulleys, etc?

Replaced the camshaft and crankcase sensor, and the battery. My stepson did it, not sure if he was responsible for the problem to begin with. He had mentioned about "taking off the covers" when he changed the oil last December, so it looks like it is deliberate, he was high.

Anyone know what and how to check?
Searles Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > PT Cruiser | PT Cruiser Convertible