Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Diablo
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 07:16 AM   #16
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Re: How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Unleash
this replica is quite bad in fact!

first of all, the distance of the roof opening is far too close, front windsheild is flat.

front bumper is .......

interior seems like more of the 2001 VT kind

and the guy is DOGGY!!!! PUTTING a real DIABLO's INTERIOR AND POSING AS HIS OWN CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the whole car is screwed....

i still say, if you can't afford a diablo, buy lottory or try to do some thing can make serious money, don't get something like this
The reason he calls it a 2001 is because the interior is suppose to be based off the 2001 Diablo.
Old 10-27-2003, 07:56 AM   #17
crayzayjay
CFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven1822
No replica or me. I would honestly take a brand spankin new KIA before I drive a replica Lamborghini. If I can have the real thang, I 'll pass.
I'd rather walk than drive a KIA, so no thanks, ill take the replica
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 06:40 PM   #18
lovetogofast
AF Newbie

ive talked to this guy and he now wants $65000.00!!! so this auction is just a joke...i bet he is going to cut out parts for his high bidder so i hope no one falls for this one. plus the engine he is using is a used one.
lovetogofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 12:04 PM   #19
Diavolo
AF Newbie

I'll take the replica over the Kia as well, it's also better than owning a ricer Civic!
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 09:02 PM   #20
-Davo
Banned

Re: Re: How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doucette
The reason he calls it a 2001 is because the interior is suppose to be based off the 2001 Diablo.
from my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong)

if the interior is based on a 2001 diablo, but the exterior is a 99 roadster, it doesn't make a lickin' differance.
It's still based on a 99 model. He could have a merch interior and a 92 ext, he still has to call it a 92 diablo, because that's what it is basically. It's not a law, or a 'rule', it's just more ethical to call it what it actually is.
If you got a upgrade on your 92 model interior or 95, is it now a 95 model? or still a 92 model?

Even the engine is probily only a porche engine, which mean's it's not a VT! Or a diablo in ANY case! (imo)

IMO, i think he's trying to 'scab' more money by claiming it's a higher year model than it actually is, thus, people think "oh, a 2001 model, that's only 2 years old!" and because of this false assumption, he may think he can get a higher price (by default, newer cars are more expensive than older cars, which means more money for him!)

Or, he's just a bloody idiot and wouldn't know a pair of tits if they bounced in his face.
I'm suprised he spelt the car name right (lamborghini)

I'd rather take the kia over the rep and walking. I hate reps, and i hate walking.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 08:08 AM   #21
Doucette
Indie Game Developer

Re: Re: Re: How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Davo
if the interior is based on a 2001 diablo, but the exterior is a 99 roadster, it doesn't make a lickin' differance.
It's still based on a 99 model. He could have a merch interior and a 92 ext, he still has to call it a 92 diablo, because that's what it is basically. It's not a law, or a 'rule', it's just more ethical to call it what it actually is.
I completely agree.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:26 PM   #22
-Davo
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

well thank you
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 07:12 PM   #23
hiphophomer
Banned

Re: Re: How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

guys why a kia there like the last gayest japenese company since its owned by gmc, but why not like a v6 or something american chevy, ford, or dodge?and i doubt you would pick a kia over a replica if you got to pick one for free
;p
im saying because at least the engine is faster and is a chevy better than kia....not cuz i like reps but at least not as bad like kia...i hate evry jap company i would rather have a fast rep than a cheap ugly piece of shit i ahte, and u can sell the rep for more too
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:32 AM   #24
crayzayjay
CFA

Re: Re: Re: How close can replicas come to an original (ebay auction)?

Thanks for that highly intelligent and articulate post. Btw, Kia is Korean, but let me guess, you hate every Korean company too, right?
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 12:20 PM   #25
Lambo Maniac
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Lambo Maniac Send a message via Yahoo to Lambo Maniac
well i assume that too...heh heh heh...

Favorite quote:"Lambos are Majestical eye-candy Kings. Tuned Lambos can set the world on fire, and turn everything in their path into smoke!".
visit me: http://www.lamborghini.5u.com
Lambo Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 06:04 PM   #26
hiphophomer
Banned

yeah i do and i heard that kia was now owned by gmc though....dont blame me blame my friend that told me it
hiphophomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #27
jjw879
AF Newbie

I think all you Lambo "experts" are dreamers who think they are too good for a replica of something way out of ther league. These guys put their heart and soul into these cars just the same as a classic nut would, who cares if something just isn't right, if they like it thats all that matters. Most of you guys probably have no hands on (real) experience with the genuine article anyways.
jjw879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:23 PM   #28
'97ventureowner
AF Moderator

Please check the date of the last post in the thread and do not respond if that date is longer than 3 months from the current date.
From AF's Community Guidelines:
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:
If a thread has been closed, there is probably a logical reason for it. If you feel that the reason(s) for closure of the original thread are unjustified or wish further clarification feel free to contact any member of the moderating team. However, do not start a new thread about another closed thread.

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards. If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

The link to these guidelines can be found here:http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...uidelines.html

Closed.

If a prostitute here in America loses her job to a prostitute in India , is that considered "outwhoring"??-Jay Leno

" A Good Thing To Know"
'97ventureowner is offline   Reply With Quote