Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-07-2004, 12:16 PM   #1
dualcarb88
AF Newbie

Question Auto to stick conversion

I have a 1986 325E, the auto trans is dieing, and would like to know if anyone has swapped the auto for a 5 speed stick, and what kind of a job it is and if it is more cost effective than rebuilding the auto ?? the car runs like a champ and I hate to get rid of it !!

Thanks
dualcarb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
dualcarb88
AF Newbie

Question

Is this a stupid question ??? or something covered somewhere else ???

Thanks
DC88
dualcarb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 05:01 AM   #3
EdgePerformance
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EdgePerformance Send a message via MSN to EdgePerformance Send a message via Yahoo to EdgePerformance
Re: Auto to stick conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dualcarb88
I have a 1986 325E, the auto trans is dieing, and would like to know if anyone has swapped the auto for a 5 speed stick, and what kind of a job it is and if it is more cost effective than rebuilding the auto ?? the car runs like a champ and I hate to get rid of it !!

Thanks
First off if you only have a 325e and not the 325es don't even waste your time doing this. Better yet look for a newer E30 car and swap over the mods you may have done. It in the long run will be much cheaper unless you can find some guy willing to do the swap for less then
$500.00 considering 325e(s) models are going for chump change these days. Take for instance the one I got a few months back for $600.00 at the auction. If you are dead set on making an 86 325e a 5-speed for some reason be my guest, but then you will still lack a Limited Slip differential, and have to custom mount the clutch pedal which is honestly believe it or not the biggest pain in the butt.

cheers
Jared
EdgePerformance is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series