Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:31 AM   #1
richsid
AF Newbie

My 1994 325ic

Few weeks ago I installed one of those aftemarket Xenon lights for my low and high beams. Within few days one of the bulbs burnt out and also NOW-

1. trunk will not lock.
2. powered top does not work.
3. seat warmer for the driver seat does not work
4. AC does not work

I am not sure what else does not work...

I checked all the fuses. They seem to be fine. Can someone pleeease tell me what to do? Thanks a bunch for whateve help you can give me.

sincerely,

Sudhir
richsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:41 PM   #2
jeffreyb4me
AF Enthusiast

Re: My 1994 325ic

some questions; does the trunk close completely?. if the left heater switch lights up, does only the seat bottom or the seat back get warm?.. did you just install some 'xenon' bulbs or do real discharge lamp conversion?......your problems are not uncommon and don't sound related to the lighting issues unless you now have problems with other systems..........more info please.
jeffreyb4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 08:14 PM   #3
richsid
AF Newbie

Re: Re: My 1994 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyb4me
some questions; does the trunk close completely?. if the left heater switch lights up, does only the seat bottom or the seat back get warm?.. did you just install some 'xenon' bulbs or do real discharge lamp conversion?......your problems are not uncommon and don't sound related to the lighting issues unless you now have problems with other systems..........more info please.

I just installed some 'xenon' bulbs (bad move). my trunk closes completely but will not lock. On the seat heater issue, i think neither the seat or the back work (or maybe both get a little warm but very little). On the passanger side it cranks up pretty good. AC does not work at all....same with the power top. I just keep thinking there may be some electrical malfunction...a relay or a switch??? Thanks once again for your kind response.
Old 06-07-2004, 10:36 AM   #4
jeffreyb4me
AF Enthusiast

the trunk lock: if it locks manually with the key, the problem's likely the actuator in the trunk lid. If the key won't lock it, the clip for the linkage rod probably is broken [both fairly easy repairs] the seat heater is a common prob., the heating pads 'burn' out and the seats dissassembled to replace them [not an easy repair]....the A/C, does the heater and blower fan work?? and does the control panel light up?.............jb
Old 06-07-2004, 11:18 PM   #5
richsid
AF Newbie

the blower fan works not the heater it just blows air no heat,
Old 06-08-2004, 08:18 AM   #6
jeffreyb4me
AF Enthusiast

i'd recheck all the fuses 1st since the IHK temp control circuit is independent of the air control. there's not much else you can test yourself BUT, if you have NO hot air, carefully unplug the electrical connector on the heater water valve, it's below the brake master cy. mounted on the firewall. this valve is 'normally open' and you should get heat with it unplugged......make sure the cooling system's full.......jb
Old 06-08-2004, 07:44 PM   #7
richsid
AF Newbie

Re: Re: My 1994 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyb4me
i'd recheck all the fuses 1st since the IHK temp control circuit is independent of the air control. there's not much else you can test yourself BUT, if you have NO hot air, carefully unplug the electrical connector on the heater water valve, it's below the brake master cy. mounted on the firewall. this valve is 'normally open' and you should get heat with it unplugged......make sure the cooling system's full.......jb

what do you think is wrong with my power top? thanks.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:20 PM   #8
jeffreyb4me
AF Enthusiast

for the soft top, please begin another post for it, saying something 'soft top inop', or something. Reason being, the initialization is involved and I'm want to help as many owners as possible. I enjoy doing this but would prefer answering questions only once. awaiting your posting. jb.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD