Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Modeling > Aircraft
Aircraft Share your passion for aircraft modeling here!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #1
Tibi Keke
AF Regular

Junkers Ju 87 D Stuka - Romanian Airforce

Hi,

For about a month ago i finished this airplane in a Group Build. The kit ist 1/48 scale from Hasegawa and decals are delivered for two plains. The Quality of the kit was very good, and was almost no putty needed. What is wrong are the form and size of the decal insignias for both plains, that's why i used home made decals for the first time. But the decals i used from the kit are very good and very thin.
In the cockpit i used Eduard photoetch parts, the seat of the pilot is wrong and was modified.

Before painting i used Tamiya Primer grey and white. Paints i used are form Gunze (acrilics) and Duplicolor (the white wing ends and the ring on the fuselaj). Some small parts painted also with Tamiya acrilics. Clear befor decaling acrilic Tamiya X 22. I did also a big mistake, and i used Flat Clear from Polly Scale to seal the entire modell. This almost ruined my long work. I don't know why, the flat clear did my plane almost white! I'm shore, this was my mistake but i really don't knwo what i did wrong... Thanks to a fellow modeller i found a way to bring the modell back, spraying two coats of Gunze Top Coat semi gloss clear.

The panel lines are highlighted with a mix of Revell Aquacolor black, water and dishwash detergent (sorry if the word is not corect, i hope you understand what i meen).
Overall it was a nice build and i think i will build one more with the german markings.

Last edited by Tibi Keke; 12-27-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Tibi Keke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
quadzero
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to quadzero
Re: Junkers Ju 87 D Romanian Airforce

I always thought this plane looked very aggressive. You did an excellent job on this. Very beautiful model.
Old 08-26-2016, 03:56 AM   #3
BarneyJ
AF Newbie

Re: Junkers Ju 87 D Romanian Airforce

Great detalization!
BarneyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:34 AM   #4
Magnus Weinberg
AF Newbie

Re: Junkers Ju 87 D Stuka - Romanian Airforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibi Keke View Post
Hi,

For about a month ago i finished this airplane in a Group Build. The kit ist 1/48 scale from Hasegawa and decals are delivered for two plains. The Quality of the kit was very good, and was almost no putty needed. What is wrong are the form and size of the decal insignias for both plains, that's why i used home made decals for the first time. But the decals i used from the kit are very good and very thin.
In the cockpit i used Eduard photoetch parts, the seat of the pilot is wrong and was modified.

Before painting i used Tamiya Primer grey and white. Paints i used are form Gunze (acrilics) and Duplicolor (the white wing ends and the ring on the fuselaj). Some small parts painted also with Tamiya acrilics. Clear befor decaling acrilic Tamiya X 22. I did also a big mistake, and i used Flat Clear from Polly Scale to seal the entire modell. This almost ruined my long work. I don't know why, the flat clear did my plane almost white! I'm shore, this was my mistake but i really don't knwo what i did wrong... Thanks to a fellow modeller i found a way to bring the modell back, spraying two coats of Gunze Top Coat semi gloss clear.

The panel lines are highlighted with a mix of Revell Aquacolor black, water and dishwash detergent (sorry if the word is not corect, i hope you understand what i meen).
Overall it was a nice build and i think i will build one more with the german markings.

What type are you using with airbrush, the finish is amazing.
Magnus Weinberg is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Modeling > Aircraft