Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 02:12 AM   #1
maxamity
AF Newbie

Exclamation 2002 GMC Yukon SLE- ABS Problem?

Hello there everyone.. I need help finding possible issues.. At a loss of what to do, and if this is a major or minor fix I could do myself...

I seem to have a possible major issue with my 2002 GMC Yukon.. After starting my truck, I removed my parking brake, and began driving.. But a minute or so into driving I noticed my ABS light was stuck lit.. I turned off my car and turned it back on, and it remained lit.

The issue is, after fooling around with my parking brake release lever, it seems nothing I did made it turn off. I then noticed a grinding noise from the bottom of my truck, so I turned it off. However, after COMPLETELY turning off my truck and removing my keys from my ignition, it was still making that grinding noise.. I parked it while at the grocery store, and got my groceries (30 minutes or so), came out and it was STILL making this noise even while it was powered off which was pretty alarming.. It seems to be coming from the drivers side (left side) of the vehicle.

I brought my truck home, and figured its pulling power from my battery, and if I leave my truck alone for the whole night, it will continue to pull power.. Sure enough, I disconnected the battery and it stopped completely..

What the heck is going on with my truck? I'm worried to even drive it as I don't want to get slapped with a nice towing fee and/or get stranded.

Any help would be wonderful and MUCH appreciated...

P.S.: This appears to have happened at the SAME time as the ABS light came on if that helps..
maxamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:22 AM   #2
brcidd
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2002 GMC Yukon SLE- ABS Problem?

Sounds like ABS module is active- you could unplug it, instead of your battery-- or better yet pull the big 40 amp ABS fuse in your under hood fuse/relay center. That should allow you to drive it- but have the ABS codes read.
'99 GMC Yukon
'95 Chev 3500, 454 Dually Crew Cab- 145k miles-
Wife's Camel trailer puller.
'94 Astro- 370k miles
'94 Firebird Formula- 5.7L 180k miles- gone-
'92 Chevy Lumina Van 3.8L 264k
'86 GMC S-15 - 2.8L 154k
'87 Buick Park Ave . 187k
'86 Buick Park Ave 3.8L 199k miles- gone
'77 Chevy Vega- 2.5L 175k miles gone but not forgotten
'68 Camaro 396 4 spd RS/SS -72k miles-
brcidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 06:45 AM   #3
wayaboveme
AF Newbie

Re: 2002 GMC Yukon SLE- ABS Problem?

Lots of stuff in this Yukon forum on the ABS module, some of it by me. Do the search, read up on it and you'll know more than you'll ever want to know. The continuous running may be a new slant however.
wayaboveme is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon