Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Driving Style and Technique
Driving Style and Technique Got a favorite way to enter a corner? Discuss all things related to piloting a race car here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 09:37 AM   #1
NSX-R-SSJ20K
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to NSX-R-SSJ20K
Go kart driving

Anyone got any good techniques on gokarts?!?!?!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
AMGalltheway
AF Enthusiast

Re: Go kart driving

what kind of cart if its a one speed POS just keep it floored all the time and on really tight corners tap the brakes a few times really quick without letting up on the gas but if its a real kart with a gearbox and a nice motor well im lost

AMGalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 01:43 PM   #3
Dyno247365
AF Enthusiast

If you would stop flaming my threads then maybe, just maybe. I would highly recommend buying some racing books. It explains everything you need to know. I like Ross Bentley's Speed Secrets personally. The first book tells you everything on slip angle, straightening out the corners, apexes and the like. Also for knowing the basics about how karts are put together and few techniques I read Karting: Everything you need to know...though that book seriously lacked in techniques. Mostly technical stuff.

For all the money you have to put into racing, buying a couple books isn't a waste, it's a steal!!

Also on my karting lesson they told me when starting out that I couldn't use the gas and break at the same time ever. It was more like, full gas, full brake, and coast through to the apex and throttle it.

1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L 5spd!!!
1987 Chevy Iroc-Z- -Needs a new cat
1992 Nissan 240sx 5spd- SOLD
Dyno247365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
mooremaria
AF Newbie

I think that you would be needing some good go kart classes by this time in order to really learn some new things about go kart driving. Try to search it all up in other places in making things possible.
mooremaria is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Driving Style and Technique