Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive News Desk
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2002, 02:48 PM   #166
crxracer
AF Newbie

2 yellow cars

the two cars on the back of the truck look like lancers which is pretty gay looking.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:23 PM   #167
BingBingMa
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BingBingMa
Quote:
They look at many different aspects. Graphics, neons and strobes, colors, and more. So I think the reason why they chose that black Camaro (that's not Z28) was because of the graphics. She also has underbody neon.
thats kinda upsetting, the fact that the movie only focuses on the more showy aspects of the import scene. Everything has to be lit up, and look really good, or else, by their perspective, it wont go fast. The fact is, if they didnt spend the money on like 100 lights all over the car, and a 8000 dollar paint job, the car would have 30 more whp. And y does everyone have to use NOS, the hollywood version of street racing is a substance bereft, glamorous shell of the real world, but i guess thats what they need to attract a mainstream crowd.
Old 11-02-2002, 10:54 PM   #168
Censee1
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Censee1
i was also on th set of the movie,as my car was chosen as an extra.i met the guy with the corolla that is part of the forum "AsianRick".most cars were chosen cuz of the outside and not cuz of engine mods.at the casting they didnt even ave us open our hoods,they just picked the cars based on the way they appeared on he outside.the filming was long,it was fo 6 days for about 3 minutes of the movie.hopfully it will be better than the first
Old 11-03-2002, 12:29 AM   #169
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via AIM to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via Yahoo to aSiAnRiCk
well ... i think they focus more on looks because after all, we're "parked" on the side of the road so uhm, i dont think performance really does matter in this scene

unless you're one of the main cars which would be the SKYLINE, SUPRA, RX7 and S2000
Old 11-03-2002, 12:43 AM   #170
aSiAnRiCk
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via AIM to aSiAnRiCk Send a message via Yahoo to aSiAnRiCk
SUP PEDRO!!!

dang it man, I told you stop stalking me!

Ugh!

lol

ps: 6 days? whateva ... you werent there on Friday, just like me lol :finger:
Old 11-03-2002, 05:40 PM   #171
Big Pat
AF Newbie

Quote:
but i guess thats what they need to attract a mainstream crowd
What they need to attract a mainstream public is a good plot, good characters and good actors. And believable stunts.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:13 PM   #172
BingBingMa
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to BingBingMa
well then faf1 failed 4 times, and since paul walker is in the second one, the acting isnt gonna be much better
Old 11-04-2002, 02:45 PM   #173
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I thought the first film was a bit rubbish, but hopefully they learn from mistakes.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:14 AM   #174
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
And believable stunts.
It's a movie. It's going to have unbelievable stunts why bother complaining about it. Ever seen a James Bond movie? Most of the stuff in that would be complete bs in reality but hey they do it anyways.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:19 AM   #175
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

You are right there.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:38 AM   #176
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
Quote:
Originally posted by jsb88
I thought the first film was a bit rubbish, but hopefully they learn from mistakes.

haven´t you seen the first part?
well gone in 60 seconds has much nicer cars cause i donßt like these tuned ones..
i hope we´ll see some "real" sportscars in the second part...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:39 AM   #177
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

gone in 60 seconds is my favourite DVD!
Old 11-05-2002, 08:48 AM   #178
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
mine too absolut great and nice cars

will there be a second part?
Old 11-05-2002, 08:49 AM   #179
Big Pat
AF Newbie

Well, unbelievable stunts are expected from James Bond, since he has been doing it since 1962. Besides, I think older James Bond movies had stunts to spice up the plot, whuile the newer ones have plot to spice up the stunts...

The thing is, we know that jumping from a cliff to an airplane is probably impossible. But very few people have attempted it (I hope!!), so maybe, there is a very remote possibility that it might be true (Enough "ifs" in there for ya?).

However, doing a quarter mile run or a "red light grand prix" is done on a regular basis by most members of this board - so we all know that the way it was portrayed in FAF was pure and utter crap. That is what I call "insulting the intelligence of the viewer". But that is just me I guess...

Unlike most people, I cannot disconnect my (half-dead) brain at the movies. Seeing a 1967 Mustang flying over a traffic jam and landing without a scratch appals me. So is seeing a car rolling over and exploding. So is seeing a car pulling a wheelie and a burn-out AT THE SAME TIME. So is changing the map of an engine in the middle of a run and so is seeing a car with a blown head gasket running from the cops.

*** Steps off soapbox ***

My .05$
Old 11-05-2002, 08:50 AM   #180
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

I don't thins so... I love it when they steal the Lamborghini. Tense moment!