Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 09:57 PM   #1
btracer
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to btracer
?¿?job¿?¿

im 17 and looking into colleges but i would love to hear from some financially well-off people such as your selves about what careers are the best. i am an avid car enthusiast through and through but of course i love money too... i have a 1370 SAT and have about a 3.6 GPA so im not too stupid, but i was just wandering what jobs you guys have to get so much money??? thanx
btracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
OriginalSin
AF Newbie

Re: ?¿?job¿?¿

Real Estate, Stock Trader, Online Sales, etc. If you want to be wealthy, you need to be in business for yourself. You will never become wealthy working for someone else.

Many stock brokers "work" for companies such as Smith/Barney, Morgan/Stanley, Goldman/Sachs etc., but they dont really work for them. They are essentially their own boss using the firms name to give the feeling of reputation and security to potential investors.

Real estate takes awhile to et into, but the rewards are astronomical. Again, not being a sales agent, rather being your own broker will be your best bet to reap greater rewards.

Online sales, the more people you can reach to purchase your products the better. Online is a very good way to do so. Ex. Why do you think stars are so wealthy. Their product is advertised to a large number of consumers, which come from all over the country to see them in concert, movies etc. Again, the more people you can reach, the more money you will make. One fixed business location in a small town is not going to cut the mustard.

Finally, hard work. No one gets rich off the bat. I have a couple of buddies playing professional sports, and they are the exception. However, long hours and hard work your first five years out of college will set you up to make a good living.

Business is what I would focus on as a college major. If an entrepreneurship focus is available I would look into that. No one can tell you what you like. With a good idea, you can become wealthy doing anything. But you have to like what you do, or you will hate waking up every morning no matter how much money you make. Jason
OriginalSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:43 AM   #3
haithman
AF Newbie

Become an Investment Banker. Go to Wharton (What I want to do) or Harvard Biz and land a job at Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Merril Lynch, Lehman Bros., or UBS.
You wont believe the amount of money floating around these places. 4th year analysts making like 300k base salary plus like 600k BONUS at the end of the year.
Hard work, loong hours, no social life.
Read into it
haithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 06:56 PM   #4
StephenDeli
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to StephenDeli

Be like Michael Schumacher. Drive one of the fastest cars in the world and get over 80 Million for doing so!

Current Projects- Ferrari F189 ON HOLD
Ferrari 360 Spider
Future Projects-04' Corvette Z06, Enzo, F1-2000
StephenDeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 12:53 AM   #5
FireBball972
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: ?¿?job¿?¿

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalSin
I have a couple of buddies playing professional sports, and they are the exception
who do you know who plays pro sports?

Badgers, goin to the Rose Bowl this year!!
FireBball972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 11:42 PM   #6
95dxcivic
AF Enthusiast

hold up, you can have 80 mill for driving, where do i sign up

lowered on photoshop(its not that low, its not lowered at all!)

Empty Pockets Racing Member #4
95dxcivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:56 PM   #7
carcrazy16
AF Newbie

Do not ever say that professional athletes have it easy. The ones that make it big are usually the ones who during teen years have to devote tons of their time to that sport and have almost no social life. Now i know this is a car forum but i'm a teen athlete and it's not easy.
carcrazy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 06:16 AM   #8
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj

Quote:
hold up, you can have 80 mill for driving, where do i sign up

you can sign up but you wouldnt be noticed. the average F1 has years off experience(starting at a very young age with karting, schumacher started karting when he was 3, his dad owned a outdoor kart track), works really hard, about 5 hours in the gym, swimming a lot, 7 days a week.

winter break? common. you dont think they are enjoining all the money they earned right? in the winter break, the driver trains and trains. they can really enjoy their money when they retire. but i think i will have fun training and driving though.

and schumacher is the highest paid F1 drivers at the moment. he gets $80,000,000 a year, and say christian albers is lucky if he get's $3,000,000. and he works as hard as michael schumacher.(still would do it though)

face it, the chance you have to be a F1 driver, is 22 on the 6,000,000,000...
Old 01-01-2006, 06:22 AM   #9
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj

Quote:
Do not ever say that professional athletes have it easy. The ones that make it big are usually the ones who during teen years have to devote tons of their time to that sport and have almost no social life. Now i know this is a car forum but i'm a teen athlete and it's not easy.
you are right. what sport do you do? i just started with rugby and boxing. im 16, and 6'8'' lol so my friend asked me for the rugby team lol. i sometimes play basketball but it just doenst give me the feeling, like when you just stand there in the ring with your oponent, try to hit him on the spots. lol
Old 01-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #10
mikiejack
AF Newbie

If you don't make at pro sports then I agree with sales. It is one of the best ways to go if you're a confident person. Amazing how much you can make selling cars/property if you're good.

My best advice would be work for the best/most respected company you can in a field which suits even if they will only take you on paying you almost nothing for a couple of years. If it is a well known and respected company you will be streets ahead of the average person and will often get a higher paying job at another company on merit.
mikiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #11
0tobe60in10minutes
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 0tobe60in10minutes

hello everyone...i am also a junior in high school, and i am currently going to one of the toughest schools in california. what other jobs are possibly, more interesting.....i really want to do something i enjoy for a living, such as design/cars etc, anyone have ideas???!?!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ferrari > 360