Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > Veyron
View Poll Results: Which is better?
Veyron 6 37.50%
Mclaren F1 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:33 AM   #16
Mclaren F1 man
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Mclaren F1 man
The Mclaren F1 because we're not just talking about top speed. I Mclaren has the upper hand on the track due to its small wheelbase and lightweight, which combines into some nimble handling. Now if only thay put that W16 engine in a Mclaren
Mclaren F1 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
bkvj
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to bkvj
Re: Veyron Vs Mclaren

Quote:
I don't know what would a chick prefer???
why should you care about that anyway? youre the one whos gonna drive it right? will you send your woman away in a 1001 hp car? thats right.

if you're a true car nut, you wouldn't care about the woman. if you like a car, but would like it because of a girl, you belong to te max power genaration.

(buy one of them magazines and you know what im talkin about....i have a few so if you have a few american mags you should send me a pm, and i would send you a few of my max powers(good condition) for a american car mag(HCI, modified and a likes). we pay for our own shipping for the books then ok)

PS... im sorry if this does sound harsch orso, i dont mean it im just in a bad mood:P
Old 12-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #18
Lamboholic
AF Regular

I prefer the chick way above the super car. Still I'm car nuts ( or basicaly speed freak) and honestly I wouldn't choose a car because it would impress a women more. Just a joke, and don't forget the veyron would probably be the worst car to get a chick couse you need to refuel every next petrol station. It does a horible .5 gallon/ mile at top speed.
Lamboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:24 AM   #19
Lamboholic
AF Regular

Still thanks for your offer.
Lamboholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:16 PM   #20
awjjgtr95
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossain_Trance101
Mclaren is now of an obsolete design and no longer has the greatness that it once showed in the early 90's. The Veyron from Bugatti features a revolutionary shape that allows even more speed and acceleration than the Mclaren F1 (It is in fact the best shape for any fast cars for speed whilst the shape of Mclaren is second best and is shared by cars such as the Saleen S7, Lamborghini Murciealago, etc.). Bugatti Veyron for me!!!
i'm going to have to disagree with your comment. there is no such thing as a obsolete design when it comes to the mclaren's shape. remember this is the car that set the standard for what a supercar should be, and still does. all supercar designers still reconize the mclaren for what it is and what it did really well.

yes the bugatti is fast...but that's it. this was what bugatti's main goal was to beat the mclaren's top speed record. pretty pathatic if you think about it. the mclaren is more practical in every aspect. remember that it wasn't mclaren's plan to build the worlds fastest car, but build the worlds best supercar. when the time came to put it to the test of highspeed it did the job and no one touched the record for a while. this just complimented the design of the car and the people involved.

now you want to see the veyron be humilated at something, pit it against the mclaren on a race track. better yet, try taking it down the local supermarket and see who has trouble parking....

http://www.youtube.com/w/Bugatti-Vey...gatti%20veyron

"FASTER Faster! UNTIL the THRILL of SPEED overCOMES the FEAR of DEATH" -Hunter S. thompsoN
awjjgtr95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:52 PM   #21
deadbolt_35
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to deadbolt_35

it looks like that'd be a tricky parking job for any car, much less one that barely has a back window if at all. would the mclaren be any better?
deadbolt_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 AM   #22
physicsrules
AF Newbie

dude the mclaren f1 is way better than the bugatti veyron....
for saying it is obselete i want u to know u sound like a complete retard. For one, mclaren is made completely out of carbon fiber which means it is light weight allowing it to use its 670 hp to hit 241.3 mph. the bugatti neads freaken 1001 hp to only go 11 mph faster than the F-1... and the mclaren has no turbo and the bugatti has four, think about it, its like comparing a talented track runner to a person who takes steriods! and 16 cylinders, do u know how much gas cost these days!?!?! i know if ur rich u wouldnt care but only four more cylinders to go 11 mph faster, thats just pathetic. the bugatti is a nice car, i will give it that, but it should not even compete in the same league with the mclaren because if it were people, it be talent vs drugs!
physicsrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #23
deadbolt_35
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to deadbolt_35

wow, your first post and you're already calling people retards.
i will though say that i've recently read some tests on the veyron that has made me changed my mind...a little. mostly i've come to the conclusion that this isn't a very good comparison because these cars have two very different purposes.
the mclaren's builder wanted to make, more or less, the ultimate driver's car. if there's any question about that, just look at where the driver's seat is positioned! i think you could safely say that he succeeded.
the veyron's builders wanted to make the most extravagant, most expensive, fastest, most powerful car. the ultimate rich man's cruiser car. i think you can safely say they succeeded too.
and don't compare the veyron to some drugged up athlete. save that comparison to the 4 bangers with 600hp and huge wings and decals. who knows how much horsepower bugatti could get out of the veyron if they really wanted to, but that's exactly what gives bugatti's true intensions away. it's not some track car with an engine stretched to within an inch of it's life that needs constant care and replacement. i would even venture to say that it's huge W-16, quad turboed engine reaches 1000hp relatively easily, making it relatively reliable (key word there is relatively).
also, the mclaren reaches 241mph with "only" 670hp because of it's amazing aerodynamics, not because of weight. weight doesn't have nearly as much to do with top speed as aerodynamics and horsepower. the engineers at bugatti were given the car design, which isn't very aerodynamic, and told they want this car to go at least 250mph. the fact that they were able to do it is amazing to me, and even more, it's incredibly stable and comfortable at that speed.
so, i'm going to have agree, somewhat, to hussain's comments. as far as top speed and ridiculous acceleration numbers are concerned, the mclaren is somewhat obsolete. there are now two cars, the veyron and koensgigg (sp?) that can go faster, but as the ultimate drivers car, the mclaren is still on top.

Here's a geography lesson: I live in Ely, Nevada. No, that's not by Vegas, it's not hot like Vegas, it's not a desert wasteland like Vegas. I live at 6500 ft. I'm surrounded by mountains. It's really cold in the winter, and never gets above 100 in the summer.
deadbolt_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #24
enzoslrc6
AF Newbie

Bugatti Veyron is the best car ever but i think that is not going to be long for another supercar to come out
Old 01-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #25
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzoslrc6
Bugatti Veyron is the best car ever but i think that is not going to be long for another supercar to come out
I think it was already released and waiting for it's chance to RIP the veyron a new one.

aleen is now offering buyers of its 750bhp S7 Twin Turbo supercar the option of a 'performance upgrade'. It costs £46,500 on top of the S7's £320,000 list price and boosts the 7-litre twin-turbo V8 to a claimed 1000bhp. Coupled with a relatively light kerbweight of 1338kg, the huge power should allow the S7 to challenge the Bugatti Veyron as the fastest production car in the world. And with 75 examples of the S7 already deliveredin the US, the Saleen certainly has every right to claim the title. Even with the 'cooking' 750bhp engine, the S7 Twin Turbo is said to be good for a sub-three second run to 60mph, and 100mph flashes up in a claimed six seconds flat. Currently Saleen claims a top speed of 240mph for the S7 Twin Turbo but with the 1000bhp upgrade there are whispers that the car has already topped over 260mph in testing. Wonder what it'd do at the Nürburgring...

" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #26
Inix
AF Newbie

Bugatti for me. Both cars are extraordinarily fast. But I'd rather have the Bugatti.Period
Old 01-30-2006, 01:46 PM   #27
GT63
AF Newbie

here is a story about the veyron..

a Mclaren F1 and a Veryon side by side..

The F1 launches first.. The other launches after 10 seconds (when the McLaren reaches 210 Km/h)

guess what??

both cars reached 320 Km/h at the same time..

SO .. just imagine..
GT63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:06 PM   #28
Inix
AF Newbie

So in other words, the Mclaren would get its butt whooped.

Ah, You speak words of wisdom
Old 01-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #29
Inix
AF Newbie

I know that the Bugatti is 4WD, but what's the Mclaren?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #30
Old Guard
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Re: Veyron Vs Mclaren

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...0873_1,00.html
"You might point out at this juncture that the McLaren F1 could top 240mph, but at that speed it was pretty much out of control. And anyway it really isn’t in the same league as the Bugatti. In a drag race you could let the McLaren get to 120mph before setting off in the Veyron. And you’d still get to 200mph first. The Bugatti is way, way faster than anything else the roads have seen.

It all started when Ferdinand Piëch, the swivel-eyed former boss of Volkswagen, bought Bugatti and had someone design a concept car. “This,” he said, “is what the next Bugatti will look like.” And then, without consulting anyone, he went on. “And it vill have an engine that develops 1000 horsepower and it vill be capable of 400kph.”

His engineers were horrified. But they set to work anyway, mating two Audi V8s to create an 8 litre W16. Which was then garnished with four turbochargers. Needless to say, the end result produced about as much power as the earth’s core, which is fine. But somehow the giant had to be cooled, which is why the Veyron has no engine cover and why it has 10 — count them — 10 radiators. Then things got tricky because the power had to be harnessed.
"

Only the most squirrelly of 13 year olds should compare these cars, but I prefer the Bugatti's old aristocratic name, good looks inside and out and quad turbo engine (just like the EB before it.) Regardless of what the Saleen might be able to do it looks silly in person, and there's already a faster American car or two than the Bugatti. The Mc is Ye Olde' news and ... (yawn)
Old Guard is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Bugatti > Veyron