Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Modern GTO's (2004-2006)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 03:15 PM   #1
SuPeRcAr_MaN
AF Fanatic

2007 Gto?

Apparently they are going to make GTOs after the 3 years of Monaro ones. It will be built in the US on an Opel platform. Here is a sketch. Nevermind the web address, the pic was uploaded by someone who hates it. It was being ripped on another board full of fans of the '04 GTO. I love this '07. It looks like a modernized 1966 GTO (see my sig). Of course the sketch is a little out of hand, but it will be cleaned up for production if they do in fact make it. If they do, I would love to own it. What do you all think?

My Webshots
SuPeRcAr_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:19 PM   #2
Vlad_Tepes
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2007 Gto?

Well the front look too much like the Aztek.
But as far as the rest goes its a keeper.
Hell yeah I'd get one.
I think it would be better without the guard (black piece) then it would really look killer
Vlad_Tepes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 09:36 PM   #3
TopDogg
AF Enthusiast

I seen a sketch of a future GTO and it wasnt like that one. It wasnt anything like the new 04 either. If I can find it I will put it up here for all to see. It was amazing. But then again When they discontinued the Camaro I seen a sketch of an 05 that I know wont happen.
TopDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 09:39 AM   #4
98GPGT
AF Enthusiast

That one definetly looks better than the 04.
I like the new GTO ok but i think it should look scarier rather than like an acura or something like that.
I mean I think I only like it because I'm diehard pontiac guy.
Although I don't claim the aztec ewww.
98GPGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 04:22 PM   #5
RedLightning
AF Enthusiast

Thumbs down

that pic is disgusting id rather have an aussie built bland mobile than that, of course i dont think that the new gto is bland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KustmAce
Real emo kids kill themselves.
RedLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 09:57 PM   #6
GTO Evolution
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to GTO Evolution

Say that in Road & Track, I found it quite fugly. I liked the one Motor Trend did last year, the orange one, in their monthly section of new depictions they make up.
GTO Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:52 PM   #7
GTPCatz
Banned

GTO will be based off the camaro....

“The Camaro Is Real”

When General Motors announced that the 2002 Camaro would be the last Camaro built enthusiasts were left wondering and asking themselves “why?” Sales plummeted toward the end of the 4th generation’s run and the car was seen more as a niche vehicle, only running on one shift in a plant that supported some hundreds of thousands of cars per year.

The GM press release read that the Camaro was to take a “hiatus” with no mention of a release. This tricky wording was quickly picked up by GM fans and enthusiasts and speculation began running wild as to when the Pony car would return. We have the details. We know when it is set to return, and we will share the information that we have with you.

Fellow C&G member AH-HA started the speculation almost one year ago today. On April 19th, 2003 he informed us that the Camaro would be around in 2007 just in time for the “anniversary party.” He was right. The Camaro is infact going to be built once more.

Styling

C&G got a scoop on the Camaro’s design from C&G member EVOK. The new Camaro is set to feature a mixture of every generation of the Camaro, right down to the hood scoop that comes from the 4th generation SS. While stying and engineering are nearly complete Crispeys rendition (seen above) has been confirmed to be 85% what the new Camaro will look like. The Camaro team have not yet made a final decision on the front end of the new Camaro and ideas are still being accepted for what the front could look like. Crispey’s rendition features:

1) Roof of the 1968
2) Front fenders of the 1998 where the fender line sweeps into the mirror
3) Side of the 1999 Nomad.
4) Merge all three together to form the front end.
5) Trunk of the 1968
6) General theme of the vehicle should be the 1968.
7) Windshield raked like the 1998 but the vehicle is more upright and coupe like as in the 1968.
8) More like the Essence of the 68 with a thinner c-pillar.
9) The 99 Nomad like wheel

I must stress that the Camaro’s design could change from what Crispey has come up with, but this is generally the look the Camaro will have with a few tweaks here and there. As of right now, the car is more then just a drawing on a board and we’ve heard from quite a few sources that the car is in clay form.

Architecture/Release

Look for the 5th generation coupe Camaro to debut in 2008 based on the Zeta architecture. Although the car may still see a 2007 debut considering GM has their pension liability under control. The convertible variant is set to debut a few months to a year after the initial coupe debut. Although the car may still see a 2007 debut considering GM has their pension liability under control.

Trim Levels/Powertrain

Perhaps the biggest piece of news that we’ve obtained about the 2008 Chevrolet Camaro is the trim levels and powertrain that will power the icon. Look for a base V6 model an SS model and a highly powerful “balls to the walls Z/28 that will return the Z/28 back to its roots.” The Z/28 model is not expected for release until 1-2 years after the Camaro makes its return.

The base V6 is expected to be powered by the HV 3.9l V6 while the base SS engine is expected to be the Gen IV 5.3l V8. Our sources were tight lipped about power on the Z/28 model, but would only say that the SS will be “very fast, and the Z/28 even faster!” We’ve also been told that the Z/28 will be more of a “Z06, top of the line” type Camaro. AWD has also been mentioned as being part of the powertrain equation. Although no final word has been made on that.

Build Location

How does an American made Camaro sound? Well rumors we’ve heard from a few sources indicate that the Zeta Architecture’d Camaro may be built at GM’s plant in Hamtramck, Michigan. We have also heard that the Camaro may be built in Canada in GM’s Oshawa assembly plant located up north.

While we are on the discussion of Zeta relating to the Camaro it would only be fitting to share our news about its mate the Pontiac Firebird. As of right now there are no plans to include a Firebird platform mate on the Zeta architect. Instead the Pontiac GTO will be built on the Zeta platform and will stick around as Pontiac’s RWD performance coupe.
GTPCatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:47 PM   #8
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Looks like they are trying to hard to recreate the '66 GTO.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:49 AM   #9
nikivee
AF Newbie

That 07 pic is nothing like what it will look like. MT always gets it wrong. I have some info on what direction it's going in. But cannot say at this time.

Just think 1999 concept.
nikivee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Modern GTO's (2004-2006)