Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Modern GTO's (2004-2006)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
hopuphd
AF Newbie

Why so many GTOs on the used market?

Thinking real serious about a GTO. Why are there so many on the used car market? Why are there so many left-over '05s? Do people not like them for some reason or are they just more car than most people can handle?
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #2
G-man422
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to G-man422
Re: Why so many GTOs on the used market?

I dont really see many GTOs for sale around here. Maybe everybodys waiting for the new challenger!
Old 03-14-2006, 08:27 AM   #3
rzkz8k
AF Newbie

Don't know where you are looking but around here, dealers are adding 5K on to the MSRP since the public anouncement that there will be no 2007 model.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
hopuphd
AF Newbie

I am Jim from the Chicago area and there are many around here. I have also done searches in other parts of the country and there seem to be a lot of used ones around. Makes me wonder how they can justify adding to the MSRP. I suppose it is worth a try! There are over 50 new 05s in this area!
Old 04-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #5
Ztrain
AF Newbie

A friend of mine bought one.He's "Joe Pontiac".Put a cam,headers and exhaust in it.It sounds really bitchin.
Then he got the itch for more power.Started looking at Turbos & blowers.Turns out the car has a two piece drive shaft.Not exactly the best choice in a Hot Rod.
And he found out it would take some serious coin to up grade the fuel system to handle a huffer or pinwheel.To the tune of 2500.00.
He confided in me,that he wished he bought the new Mustang Cobra.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
Autobanaurora
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopuphd
Thinking real serious about a GTO. Why are there so many on the used car market? Why are there so many left-over '05s? Do people not like them for some reason or are they just more car than most people can handle?
Yeah, grandpa is still driving the 60's model and teeney boppers and women drive the mustang's. Everyone else can't handle the corvette power....
Old 10-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #7
SPIEK
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztrain
A friend of mine bought one.He's "Joe Pontiac".Put a cam,headers and exhaust in it.It sounds really bitchin.
Then he got the itch for more power.Started looking at Turbos & blowers.Turns out the car has a two piece drive shaft.Not exactly the best choice in a Hot Rod.
And he found out it would take some serious coin to up grade the fuel system to handle a huffer or pinwheel.To the tune of 2500.00.
He confided in me,that he wished he bought the new Mustang Cobra.

WHAT BS.

YOU BUY AN ALUMINUM DS...i know i do on all my major builds...ITS A ONE PIECE COST THE SAME AS IT DOES ON ANY OTHER CAR..MINE INSTALLED 700 DOLLARS.

FUEL SYSTEM....LMFAO....LPE PUMP AND 60 # INJECTORS ...YOU'LL NEED 800 whP TO OUT DO THAT...BUT JUST IN CASE A Bap. Just in case you spray.( god the stupidity a vette can nake gobs of hp the smae ls2 on the GTO can't lmfao

The cars aren't lookers...they need some cosmetics(outside)...my 04 is a holden clone while my 06 is a dms custom .....both look the part....Stangs are unsure of what to make of em .

the weaker 04 is a straighlier...off the line car...the 06 does it all upto 187....GPS top speed.

GT500 ...please for the money i'd magna charge a 05 totaly cost out the door 37000 with headers and aluminum ds plus accesories and show you all why the Gto was the first muscle car...

M5 interior...or mercedes is how its classed

GTO BLOWS the doors off of all competitors....its an M5 in here.

dude i can't even get a race once i purge...the h c h is very intimidating, then a nice plume of n20 ... Nothanks from many Stang owners(SC).....the LS2 modded its like 1999 again..the lsx motors dominion.....i mean the ls3..omg.
its a stunner from the factory.

i've had more back downs than ever......always a smart ass too...they start with nice looking 'FOR a GTO'.....fuck you....your about to get smoked.

the drivshaft has held to low 11 in auto form and the one piece aluminum its rated a 1000 hp.... don't know were the fuel system issue came up.

its a godamn vette motor i guess they have fuel delivery issues too while putiing out 750 whp...lol.......a pump and injector 150 for the 225 pump and about 400 for matched injectors...

thats if you plan on goin over 500 hp. whp

stupid thread,,the GTO has been in production in autralia for 7 years...its kinks are all out.....i just needs to look a little better and ten add the vette hand me downs.

GTO H/C/H nitrous stall, pedders and brakes

GT0 M6 H/C/H/ fully pedderized brakes drivetrain,
N20

Last edited by SPIEK; 10-01-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
grfnkl
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to grfnkl

I'm not sure if anyone really thought of this yet..... if a lot of 05 gto's start hitting the used car lot... NOW, there is a good chance that they were leased?!!! People jumping on the next model year early leasing them and now it's up. Considering most leases are around 3 years. Another thought ( this applying to northern snowy regions) someone bought a GTO thinking man what power, style... etc etc etc... However snow comes along and they can't handle it, So they end up trading in for the over sized suv. Plus gas, and insurance alone can drive you into debt! Just my .

Old 12-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #9
08malibu
AF Newbie

I think they use too much gasoline

Quote:
Originally Posted by grfnkl
I'm not sure if anyone really thought of this yet..... if a lot of 05 gto's start hitting the used car lot... NOW, there is a good chance that they were leased?!!! People jumping on the next model year early leasing them and now it's up. Considering most leases are around 3 years. Another thought ( this applying to northern snowy regions) someone bought a GTO thinking man what power, style... etc etc etc... However snow comes along and they can't handle it, So they end up trading in for the over sized suv. Plus gas, and insurance alone can drive you into debt! Just my .

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > GTO > Modern GTO's (2004-2006)