Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9000
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
ahhhhitsmel
AF Newbie

Computer help!?

Hello, newbie here.

I was hoping to get some opinions and insight regarding my dear car.

I have a 1992 Saab 9000 Turbo CD (named Sven.) He has had a lot of work put into him and up until recently, was running wonderfully. He has a new transmission, alternator, brakes, and so forth and so on. And aside from a small oil leak, was in great condition.

That is, until, he refused to start. I stopped at a store real quick, and when I came out and tried to start him, he tried to crank over but just wouldn't turn. I have taken him to two mechanics. The first one diagnosed him with needing a new computer. The problem is, I can't afford to get a brand new computer and both mechanics have been unable to find the correct used computer.

I was wondering if a) the diagnosis sounds correct and it is the computer that needs to be replaced and b) if finding a used one for him is feasible and if so, should I go to a foreign auto expert or a dealer or what?

Any opinions, relative experiences, and insight would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS.
ahhhhitsmel is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Saab > 9000