Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Stress Release Warning: Don't get offended by what's in here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 07:27 AM   #1
Spyke^
AF Regular

Angry Another friend dead..(adult content)

Sorry for the downer topic, but I just wanted to get some of this out.

A couple of days ago I got a call from one of my buddies asking if I could drop over and "shoot the shit".
I said that I thought I'd be able to get over in a few hours as I was in the middle of some renovations to the house.
It should be mentioned here that buddy and his wife seperated about six weeks ago and he had been feeling a little depressed.
I told him that I was just going to finish up a couple of pieces of trim and I'd be over.
No problems.

I get another call about half an hour later and it's buddy's ex-wife and she's all freaked out saying that she received a call from him and that he was saying all of this wierd stuff like " it's been nice knowing you, and you don't have to worry about me anymore and that he wrote a letter to each of his kids ( the kids are 9 and 11 ).

I jumped in the truck and ripped over there and....well he had laid plastic tarps down all around the kitchen and there he sat in the corner with half of his head blown off!!

The sights and smells of that I will have to live with for the rest of my life.

My mind kept fixating on the fact that he had put down tarps so as not to " make a mess for us".
How fucked up is that? I can't figure how your mind would work in a way that you don't want to make a mess for us but it's ok to take your life and leave us with that mess.
Never mind the fact that I had to call this guys mother ( a conversation I'd rather forget) and deal with that mess.

We just went through the wake/funeral process and it still doesn't seem real.
The family had an open casket. I imagine that they had their own reasons for this but he looked fucking terrible and there was a lot of people freaked out by how he looked.
There's only so much you can do with playdoh or whatever they use.

HIs 9 year old son kept coming over to the casket and holding his fathers hand when there was no one around....fuck!
This is so hard to type out..

I know that it isn't my fault, but I keep thinking that if I had went right over than he would still be alive and i wouldn't have these awful scenes in my head.

I think that we have all been in his shoes in one way or another and I hope to fuck that one of you reads this and thinks about everyone else before doing something like that.
I've heard it said that it is the most selfish thing that you can do and I see why they say that now.

The worst thing is that if he was in that much pain who am I to say that he can't end the suffering?

Jason was 31 years old....
Spyke^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 01:00 PM   #2
Mediocrity
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Mediocrity Send a message via MSN to Mediocrity Send a message via Yahoo to Mediocrity
Re: Another friend dead..(adult content)

Man... 31 years old... that's terrible bro.

I couldnt imagine walking in on a scene like that.

Gah... I dont even know what to say... I'm sorry. I really hope things get better for you.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:07 PM   #3
WickedNYCowboy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to WickedNYCowboy Send a message via Yahoo to WickedNYCowboy
Dude thats horrible. I am pretty much speechless.
My Rides:
2003 Ford F-350 Long Horn Hauler
Others:
1999 Toyota Camry LE V6-Dad
2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71-Sister
2004 Toyota Camry LE V6-Mom
WickedNYCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2004, 08:37 PM   #4
modification_inc
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to modification_inc

Im sorry to hear that best wishes
modification_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:03 AM   #5
kittedb18bt
AF Enthusiast

OMG! almost in tears here. as you have stated, that is incredibly selfish. i have not seen anyone i know be in that type of situation, therefore i have been extremely lucky. keep us updated on how you feel. we are all here for you. wow(still a little teary eyed)

1999 Ford Mustang Cobra: Cobra R rims, Magnaflow CB.

"no way man...i saw an LS1 fight godzilla and the LS1 beat godzilla and it looked in the air and was like what do you think of that god and god was like bring it bitch so they fought and the LS1 beat god now the LS1 is god because its the greatest thing ever."
kittedb18bt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:38 AM   #6
-Davo
Banned

Possibly the most disturbing thing I've ever, ever read. I'm sorry to hear that. Just smile for the memorys, and good times you had, never cry that it's over. That's all I can say.
-Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 08:03 PM   #7
Gotti
AF Enthusiast

I feel for ya man... One of my good friends was stabbed in the throat and died and my cousin in Poland was shot in the stomach once and died. The situation with my cousin really pissed me off, cause you see people get shot 5 times or even more sometimes (like 50 cent) and survive. He only got hit once in the stomach and he died a couple days later. And I saw him 2 days before it happened when i was in the country visiting family. My 15 year old nephew was strong tho (his son) I didnt even see him cry. Just a tear at the funeral, thats how you have to be in those situations, live through it. But I dont believe in suicide at all, no offense but I believe thats a cowards way out of life. God doesnt support suicide either, so its a bad choice

One of my other really good friends also murdered somebody (by accident, he didnt mean to kill the guy) and he's still in prison awaiting trial... so he's gunna be gone for a loooooooooong time, but atleast he's not dead. I just hope he does aright in prison cause he's only 19.... he's a tough mutherfucker but he's only like 5' 7''

Keep your head up....
Gotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 09:14 PM   #8
Andydg
AF Enthusiast

I'm really sorry for what happend...also don't beat yourself up for not going over there right away, he more than likely would've done it anyways.
Andydg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 11:39 PM   #9
Rbraczyk
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rbraczyk

My friend committed suicide about 2 months ago. He did it about a half mile from my house in the front field of our school. Shot himself in the head. life ain't easy. I've seen over 10 people, either family or friends die in my lifetime. five funerals already. And to think im only 17.
Old 10-11-2004, 12:43 AM   #10
Xtreme_098
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Xtreme_098

yea, suicide is a cowards way out of life and it affects those close to them in a way others will never know. Good luck gettin through it bro.
Xtreme_098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #11
Masta
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Masta Send a message via AIM to Masta

sorry man. that's sad.

DREAMWORKS

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/id/importscrx
Masta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:49 AM   #12
Spyke^
AF Regular

Thanks so much for your kind words.

I finally got some half decent sleep without having visions of last week flashing in my head whenever I closed my eyes.

It's funny ( not in a haha way ) how the stories surrounding this have come up and how they have a little bit of truth in them but are mostly way out there.

The best one so far was from another mutual friend who proceeded to tell me that he heard the Paramedics were on scene and that they tried to save him but he was too far gone and that he said " I'm sorry " and then died!?

I know I'll go on from here, his ex-wife and family will as well, but every time I think of his kids it breaks my heart and I get so pissed off at him for doing that to them.

I don't blame myself. I know that even if I had dropped everything and rushed over there ( which I would have if I had known how messed up he was ) then I would have just delayed it.
Looking back then sure there was some signs, but who here hasn't been depressed at breaking up with your wife/girlfriend?

One of our group said that earlier that day he was talking to him and he seen the roll of plastic in the back of his truck.
I said I have a nice chunk of rope home but that doesn't mean that I'm going to hang myself.

Everybody wants to blame themsleves.
Spyke^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:54 AM   #13
ghostguy6
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ghostguy6 Send a message via MSN to ghostguy6 Send a message via Yahoo to ghostguy6

Ive been there, If you ever want to talk about feel free to IM or PM me. Sorry about your loss, its always painful to see another friend lost.

Want to be a mod? Join up at www.mypicgallery.com and PM me.
ghostguy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 01:01 PM   #14
HogieGT-R
FAHRVERGNUGEN!

Send a message via AIM to HogieGT-R Send a message via MSN to HogieGT-R
dude....words can't explain the sorrow that i feel for ya....even though i don't know anybody who has done that, i know what it's like to witness things that are gruesome like that, and i do feel for ya. i hope that i never have to go through anything like that man. and i'm sorry that you and everybody that he knew went through that. hope that in time, things can repair themselves

My Addiction
HogieGT-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:38 PM   #15
Dustin_S
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Dustin_S Send a message via AIM to Dustin_S Send a message via MSN to Dustin_S Send a message via Yahoo to Dustin_S

they had an open casket funeral when half his head was missing?

edit: Sorry, that was harsh. Don't get me wrong, that is a tough situation- my best friends father shot himself less than a month ago. he used a scatter gun...needless to say, it was a closed casket funeral.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > Stress Release