Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 01:11 PM   #226
maxlovr
AF Newbie

Cool max/altima

i have raced a 3.5 SE Altima and i have a 4th generation max (5 Spd) and i had the altima by like a car and a half both of us doing about 110 on a high way.
maxlovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:12 PM   #227
maxlovr
AF Newbie

Altimas are SLOW!!:evillaugh
Old 01-29-2003, 01:26 PM   #228
maxlovr
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85
I spanked a 97 GLE and a 96 SE in my 2.5 S

I think if you are going to beat a 5 speed v6 your gonna need all the bolt ons and then some. But if its an auto, get full exhaust system, yes the race pipe and intake and you should have the edge on a stock auto.

i ahouldn't say that altimas are slow i should say that they are slower. even though they are not betta then maximas, they do pull their own weight. my sister has a 3.5se altima.(manual) we have gone at it a couple of times and i always pull off winning. i mean she tries to stay up with me but it just ain't happening. now i can not picture a 2.5s "spanking" a 97 or a 96 max. that's bull.
Old 01-29-2003, 02:42 PM   #229
daveauth21
AF Enthusiast

you know nick you've been talking sh*t now going on 2 months ok, now since i started this thread back in nov. i've raced 4 diffrent 03 altimas many times (10-12 times)only losing 1 time because my 96 maxima stalled on me at the start(altinator probrem)and they were all 3.5l ,1 was 6 speed and i'am not going to lie is was a little hard but i still won by 1-1/2 car lenths (this altima is owned and was raced by a pro race car driver)so you can't tell me you can race better than him. so just drop the act get out our maxima forum and leave us alone ok
daveauth21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 03:14 PM   #230
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Quote:
Originally posted by daveauth21
you know nick you've been talking sh*t now going on 2 months ok, now since i started this thread back in nov. i've raced 4 diffrent 03 altimas many times (10-12 times)only losing 1 time because my 96 maxima stalled on me at the start(altinator probrem)and they were all 3.5l ,1 was 6 speed and i'am not going to lie is was a little hard but i still won by 1-1/2 car lenths (this altima is owned and was raced by a pro race car driver)so you can't tell me you can race better than him. so just drop the act get out our maxima forum and leave us alone ok
:cough: biggest bull shit I ever heard :cough:

reason for calling the BS flag on this, they dont make the Altima in a 6 speed, so you are full of shit my friend, so you leave the forum for being a moron and I will call it even. You are obviously racing parked altimas. Especially if they are a V6
Old 01-29-2003, 03:56 PM   #231
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

:cough: biggest bull shit I ever heard :cough:

reason for calling the BS flag on this, they dont make the Altima in a 6 speed, so you are full of shit my friend, so you leave the forum for being a moron and I will call it even. You are obviously racing parked altimas. Especially if they are a V6
This has got to be one of the longest posts in AF History, anyways good luck to all who race Nick in his slick 5spd, trust me you are gonna need it. hehehe
Old 01-29-2003, 04:07 PM   #232
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Quote:
This is getting off topic, get back to bashing me and saying how slow my altima is!
I never said Altimas were slow, I'm sure you can beat civics but you can't mash on a Max
Old 01-29-2003, 04:59 PM   #233
Pick
AF Fanatic

JBL, you have a case of.......
Attached Images
File Type: gif vqenvy.gif (1.4 KB, 82 views)
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 06:06 PM   #234
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Quote:
Originally posted by Pick
JBL, you have a case of.......

Nah, I like the motor, I love the Maxima, just an auto vq30 cant beat me unless its modded pretty good.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #235
daveauth21
AF Enthusiast

my bad didn't proof read my reply (5 speed tranny finger hit 6 insteed of 5) sorry that i'am not the best typist in the world ,oh and you the jackass it was my uncle's car he'll even get on here and say you full of shit :monkeypis ALTIMA
Old 01-29-2003, 06:48 PM   #236
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

yeah, unfortunately, jbl is right, a v6 altima will piss on any pre 2k2 Maxima, for the sample fact that it has an easy and obvious torque advantage. i don't want this to start some stupid ass argument, the fact remains that a well driven 3.5 SE altima will beat a well driven 3.0l Max, anyday, anytime
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 07:14 PM   #237
daveauth21
AF Enthusiast

YES I FULLY AGREE BUT I'AM NOT STOCK. I'VE PUT A LOT OF MONEY IN MY MAXIMA AND I HAVE AND ALLWAYS WILL BEAT ANY YEAR ALTIMA UNLESS HE IS FULLY MODED (I'AM NOT STARTING SH*T JUST STATING THE OBVIOUS) THE ONLY THING LEFT TO DO TO MY MAX PERFORMANCE WISE IS A TURBO
Old 01-29-2003, 07:24 PM   #238
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:

Nah, I like the motor, I love the Maxima, just an auto vq30 cant beat me unless its modded pretty good.
Wow, now I gotta mod pretty good in order to beat you just because I got an automagic and you got a 5spd, interesting.

Before I could be barely loosing and now I got to have mods to beat a 2.5 5spd Altima, how much more ridiculous will this post get.

It seems that you were racing people who wasn't really racing or bad drivers whatever the case if you race someone with a 3.0l auto or stick, with just a wimpy 2.5, you will lose.

The only one who believes you is you, I asked the guys on the org and no one believes you, also to prove a point even further, why is it that no carmag or auto enthusiasts website has even bothered to test 0-60 or 1/4 times in a 2.5S 5spd or auto?

Wanna know why? Because they're so slow that no one wants to waste the time it'll take to get the thing to 60 let alone the 1/4 mile. First he went from betting 96's and now 3.0l next it'll be the 3.5.

If he is saying he can beat a 3.0l which can beat or run about even with a 3.5 auto then he's saying that he will either be running neck and neck with a 3.5 or beating one.

Now tell me who's lying?
Old 01-29-2003, 07:26 PM   #239
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by thrasher
yeah, unfortunately, jbl is right, a v6 altima will piss on any pre 2k2 Maxima, for the sample fact that it has an easy and obvious torque advantage. i don't want this to start some stupid ass argument, the fact remains that a well driven 3.5 SE altima will beat a well driven 3.0l Max, anyday, anytime
But he's not driving a 3.5 he has the wimpy @$$ 2.5 SE with the fastest slickest shifting 5spd in the world, so now he can beat a 3.0l V6 Maxima, go figure
Old 01-29-2003, 09:09 PM   #240
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Whew, I managed to find probably the one and only road test results for the slow @$$ 2.5S 5spd Altima:

Here it is:

Altima : 2.5-liter, 5-speed manual
Engine: 2.5-liter L4
Horsepower: 175 @ 6000
Torque: 180 @ 4000

Acceleration: 0-60 mph in 8.5 sec. 1/4-mile in 16.6 sec.

Top Speed: 124 mph

Braking: 60-0 mph in 120 ft.

Road Holding: 0.82 g.

Fuel Economy: 24 (City) / 33 (Highway)

And don't forget he beat an 3.0L auto Max that does these times:

0-60=7.5
1/4mile=15.2 @ 92.7mph
Top Speed=130+

Who do you believe these times were the same give or take a tenth of a second or .2 on any site that I looked at.
There was very little data for a 5spd 2.5 or any 2.5, 99.9% offered no info on 0-60/Top Speed or 1/4 mile times.

But somehow JBL's, oops, I mean Nick (he's the only one who doesn't like to be called by his sign-on name) states that he can beat this car with the engine he has.

Somehow I believe Nissan or someone else made him believe that he has a 3.5, oops sorry, wrong answer.

So his standard answer again will be race me or shut up because he's already beaten 3.0l auto Maxs and because he's such a great driver with the best, fastest shifting 5spd in any car that he can make up that difference.
Meanwhile that experienced 3.0L V6 222hp with intake Maxima driver is just going to be sitting there waiting for him to rev up while he calmly sits there with the OD on and not use any torque braking techniques nor manual shifting techniques and he's just gonna beat the Max's @$$ in his car with less torque and a smaller lesser hp powered car.
Ok, ladies and gents, have we learned anything today:

And the moral of this story is bullshoooochu, sorry I had to sneeze and please forgive the long post.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35