Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 09:14 PM   #1
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Angry

I hit it today between 115-120 while racing an Accord. Damn that thing was pi$$ing me off!!! Gotta get the 97 upgraded ECU when they crack the code! I still beat the Accord though. Beat it bad. Thanks to Nizmolee for the wheels/tires that allowed me to do it, no more worrying about S rated tires, woohoo!!!
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 01:16 AM   #2
bobo_80
AF Regular

Unhappy humm........

really?........speed limiter on max?.......ahh mannn...
....that`s y i could't drive it over 200km/h last time.....
.....i own a 99 se automatic maxima........
bobo_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 01:37 AM   #3
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Re: humm........

Quote:
Originally posted by bobo_80
really?........speed limiter on max?.......ahh mannn...
....that`s y i could't drive it over 200km/h last time.....
.....i own a 99 se automatic maxima........

I think it's just the gxe's without the c&c package, I don't think the se is supposed to have one. ???
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
Old 05-22-2001, 12:59 PM   #4
bobo_80
AF Regular

Cool heh heh....!!

well....that sounds good...!!....i'm gonna have to test it out sometime this weekend...!!
Old 05-22-2001, 01:05 PM   #5
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Quote:
Originally posted by mtrai760
I hit it today between 115-120 while racing an Accord. Damn that thing was pi$$ing me off!!! Gotta get the 97 upgraded ECU when they crack the code! I still beat the Accord though. Beat it bad. Thanks to Nizmolee for the wheels/tires that allowed me to do it, no more worrying about S rated tires, woohoo!!!
Hold up!! An Accord made you hit your limiter in a Max? :huh:
Old 05-22-2001, 08:57 PM   #6
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL

Hold up!! An Accord made you hit your limiter in a Max? :huh:

Not really. I was about 10-15 lengths ahead of him when it happened. The race started off at about 80mph. I kept slowing down and letting him catch up, then I would floor it and jump ahead. This kept going 4 or 5 times until we were both over 100. I decided to let him have it the last time, that's when I hit the limiter. I was planning on jumping ahead about a 1/4-1/2 mile and forgeting about him. Sometimes best laid plans don't always work out, especially when a speed limiter is involved. He still couldn't pass me though :silly2:
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
Old 05-22-2001, 09:37 PM   #7
MAXIMASE2000
AF Enthusiast

Wink

Last weekend I saw a vet and a viper racing and I join them. At that time I was going around 80 and when I reach around 142 it seem that the limiter got me and both the vet and the viper kept going. I was piss because the new max with the 160 odometer but no way we can reach that speed on the max.

STILLEN AIR INTAKE
PIAA H4 SUPERPLASMA
SUPERWHITE TURN SIGNALS
CLEAR CORNER LENSES
20TH AE DOOR SILLS
WOOD DASH
MAXIMASE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 09:28 PM   #8
bobo_80
AF Regular

Question

ok.....uhh just wanted to know.....what's it like when the speed limiter goes on?....does the engine stop the fuel just like redline?..
..use brakes.....??..thx
Old 05-23-2001, 09:44 PM   #9
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

The throttle just cuts out. One second the car is accelerating or holding speed, then nothing. It just feels like you took your foot off the gas pedal. You can step on it all day long, and it will not accelerate. Mine would not speed up again till about 105-110. Hope this helps :alien:
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
Old 05-24-2001, 01:29 PM   #10
MAXIMASE2000
AF Enthusiast

Smile

Once the limiter goes on and it seem the fuel cut off.
I got a Stillen air intake installed and it sound real
good and feel more power.

STILLEN AIR INTAKE
PIAA H4 SUPERPLASMA
SUPERWHITE TURN SIGNALS
CLEAR CORNER LENSES
20TH AE DOOR SILLS
WOOD DASH
MAXIMASE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 01:50 PM   #11
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Man, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I thought for a minute that the Accord actually gave you a run for your money. I would have been like, he had something under that hood other than a 4 banger. Nice run!
Old 05-24-2001, 02:00 PM   #12
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Thumbs up

I hit the speed limiter in the new Pathfinders . . . i believe it was around 110 . . .

Funny too, my brother and I both had these rentals . . . me in the Path, and he had a Grand Vitara (V6) . . . we were dancing around the parkway . . .

I kept my foot planted firmly on the gas . . . then all of a sudden the revs just declined . . . speed dropped to somewhere around 100 then it revved back up, then once it hit 110 again, it repeated . . . lol . . .

It'll keep doing that as long as you keep your foot on the gas . . . !

At first, I thought I broke something . . . I was thinking: "Enterprise is gonna have my ass!"
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 07:36 PM   #13
blee89xj
AF Newbie

i know i'm new here and i'm anything but a expert on maximas or anything but i thought all cars have speed limiters because of a federal regulation. even the real expensive sports cars, unless a upgraded or reprogrammed ecu or a chip has been added. i have a se, maybe i'll give it a shot, but i read somewhere the maxima was limited at 112. correct me if i'm wrong, but that's what i've always been told, i can't say i'm positive about this, hopefully i'm wrong since i don't mind not having one.
blee89xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 08:23 PM   #14
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
112 mph is the speed rating for S-rated tires. Cars speed-mimiters are the maximum rating for the tire. THere is no speed-limiter law. So the max has a hard limiter. SOme cars have 'soft' limiters, which won't let the engine rev anymore.
A SE has H-rated srandard (I think), which means 118 mph. I think 17 inches with V-rated are optional, meaning 140 mph. Dont quote me, because I am far from certain.

Yeah, an Accord would suck your tailpipe all day long. My Uncle is thinking of getting a Max (as a reward for quitting smoking and drinking {he isn't an alcoholic, he just drinks in the garage and gets tired. So he stopped})
Yah, A reprogrammed chip without the limiter is good. Or if you got bigger tires, the speedo would read it differently than your actual speed, allowing faster (unknown) speeds. I would think there was a chip out there though.
And at those speeds, lots of times cops avoid you (too fast, high speed chase, death, destruction, so they let you go. I know someone who was a cop, and he let someone go if they were going 120 +mph (200+kph)).

Oh, a new SE can go 140 mph. SOme simple mods, and 155-170 should be possible. The latter would require maybe a blower.

DOWN WITH KILL-JOY DEVICES (AKA, Speed Limiters)
Old 05-25-2001, 08:25 PM   #15
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Oh, Accords can come with 200 hp V6's, but a Max is far superior

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35