Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 11:51 AM   #1
2000Maxima
AF Newbie

Question 18" or 19" RIMS????????

I am getting a 2000 Maxima Gle I have seen one with 19" hypersilver rims on it, it was the nicest looking maxima I have ever seen. But I heard that 19's arent the best to get for a maxima, I now have a 1992 11 second Mustang which has about 460hp so I have already had a very fast car, so im not to worried about speed although I do still want it to get up and go. Im not getting into the fast and the furious look with the exhaust and big wing. I just want a stillen aero kit and 18" or 19" rims what size do you think I should get? Please reply thanks
2000Maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000Maxima
I am getting a 2000 Maxima Gle I have seen one with 19" hypersilver rims on it, it was the nicest looking maxima I have ever seen. But I heard that 19's arent the best to get for a maxima, I now have a 1992 11 second Mustang which has about 460hp so I have already had a very fast car, so im not to worried about speed although I do still want it to get up and go. Im not getting into the fast and the furious look with the exhaust and big wing. I just want a stillen aero kit and 18" or 19" rims what size do you think I should get? Please reply thanks
I have a 2k GXE Max and I have 18's on mine, the rims I have are lighter than the stock units that come with the Max and not to mention they look better too.

Personally I'd go with the 18's if I were you because you said you still want some get up and go, if you get 19's and they are chrome or aren't lightweight then you will feel the delay when you step on the gas, unless you step on it real hard.

I believe my wheels require less effort due to their lightweight to get them going than did my 16's, not to mention my braking, handling and gas mileage has improved also.

19's do look good but 18's look just as good and to me it all depends on what wheel and tire package you get that will determine the looks of it once they are on the car.

I get mad stares all day and everyone has complimented on my car and rims, mine are polished silver with a deep lip. I didn't want chrome, they are too heavy and they suck gas mileage, make your car harder to slow down due to the weight and eventually they will crack and peel and look fugly on your car when they do.

It's totally up to you though, there will not be a lot of difference in the get up and go from 18's to 19's but it depends on the type of rim and tire package you get.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 09-14-2003, 09:56 PM   #3
2000Maxima
AF Newbie

I was looking at the 19x8 axis hagen Hyperblack rims they are fairly lightweight 24lbs each, I think they would look really good on the maxima I want to get it is the charcol colored one, I have never seen anyone with them I want something that really stands out, I am def. not going to go with chrome on this car though so that is out of the question. What do you think?
Old 09-15-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
EPVQ30
AF Regular

hey bk do you have a pic of your wheels on your car.. i would love to see the set up..
i was at a maxima meet last sunday and there were a couple of guys with 18's and 235/40/18 tires. IMO they look the best in 18's. if you go for 19's make sure you can picture them on your car.. there are a couple of maximas with 19's out there and do not look good at all.. it looks like the wheels are way too big for the car... but then again, there are some maximss on 19's that look sweet.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:05 PM   #5
2000Maxima
AF Newbie

Talking

Im talking about something like this I think it looks badass with 19's on it. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maxima2001.jpg (50.1 KB, 27 views)
Old 09-15-2003, 07:57 PM   #6
EPVQ30
AF Regular

:22yikes:

Old 09-16-2003, 08:26 AM   #7
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
yea, the 18's look very nice. 19's can but ya will be slowed down more
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:41 PM   #8
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPVQ30
hey bk do you have a pic of your wheels on your car.. i would love to see the set up..
i was at a maxima meet last sunday and there were a couple of guys with 18's and 235/40/18 tires. IMO they look the best in 18's. if you go for 19's make sure you can picture them on your car.. there are a couple of maximas with 19's out there and do not look good at all.. it looks like the wheels are way too big for the car... but then again, there are some maximss on 19's that look sweet.
EPVQ30, sorry I haven't gotten back to you, I wasn't trying to avoid you, I've been out of town and totally away from computers (thank God for that) but I do have some pics of my car with the 18's Rims named Arachnids by ICW and they look hot.

They are Hyper Silver, Lightweight with a deep Lip, I made a thread about posting attachments and for some reason or the other I haven't been able to post my pics with my posts, also the pics I took of my car with the 18's on were taken with a Phone Cam due to my Digi-cam being broken.

I'll see if I can find someone with a Digi-cam and I'll take some more pics and may have to email them to someone to post them for me.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:28 PM   #9
EPVQ30
AF Regular

aight cool buddy.. you can always emailed to me and i can try and post them up.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:16 PM   #10
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
aight cool buddy.. you can always emailed to me and i can try and post them up.

Thanks man, I just tried to attach the file to an email pic I was trying to send you and it didn't work, I'm very familiary with computers and attaching files but for whatever reason I just can't get files to attach to this board or emails on this forum.

I'll keep trying though, something's gotta give.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:52 PM   #11
EPVQ30
AF Regular

aight cool, i got 'till late winter when i start deciding what size rim and style i'll be getting.

Old 09-18-2003, 08:05 AM   #12
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
aight cool, i got 'till late winter when i start deciding what size rim and style i'll be getting.
EPVQ, go to this website http://icwracing.com/ and look at my rims they are the on the 2 row from the bottom on the left.

They really don't show a great picture of what the rims really look like in person, I wish I could post my pics or you could see my car with them on in person, everybody be jockin my whip and talking about how tight the rims are.

The name of the rims are Arachnids, the Hyper-Silver almost looks like chrome because it is so bright and that deep lip is off the chain.

Go with 18's with whatever you decide to get, they look hot.
Old 09-19-2003, 01:26 AM   #13
EPVQ30
AF Regular

oh those arachnids look hot man!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35