Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
View Poll Results: Would you like to see Nissan produce a Sport Compact Car?
Yes, Definitely 21 77.78%
No thanks. 2 7.41%
No, I'd rather go elsewhere for my Sport Compact Car 0 0%
No, I prefer to pay for modifications to put my sedan in the same class 1 3.70%
Perhaps, but not necessary. 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 11:40 AM   #31
TeHsU
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TeHsU Send a message via AIM to TeHsU Send a message via MSN to TeHsU
Re: Straight from the people...

If nissan makes a cheaper car then a 350Z that has that much horses.. then it will drop the value of the 350Z because i can just go buy a smaller nissan sports car and yeah its dead.. then theres the 300ZX u can get for pretty cheap now adays and it would kill the 300ZX value also cuz i can get a brand new nissan why would i get a 91 300ZX turbo that outputs 300HP.. for 15 grand? when i can get a brand new nissan and throw a twin turbo in it and its built as a sports car and get it around the same price
TeHsU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 12:06 PM   #32
MaxedOutOfCash
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paonessa
i have NEVER seen a skyline make it to the east coast, they all get claimed.
funny thing, i live in a small town in jersey and there's a performance shop that opened up a few months ago....these bastards have 2 totally hooked up skylines.....most of the time they're in the garage being worked on....(i have no idea what they're doing to them) but i've seen them driving around a few times....it's just cool to see not 1 but 2 skylines in a town that no one's even heard of......
MaxedOutOfCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2003, 04:47 PM   #33
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Re: Straight from the people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxedOutOfCash
funny thing, i live in a small town in jersey and there's a performance shop that opened up a few months ago....these bastards have 2 totally hooked up skylines.....most of the time they're in the garage being worked on....(i have no idea what they're doing to them) but i've seen them driving around a few times....it's just cool to see not 1 but 2 skylines in a town that no one's even heard of......
yeah, me and that Paonessa guy are uh, from the same town and recently 2 skylines came around. One's a blue r34 GT-R and the others a R33 gt-t. You'll probably see a lot more once it hits 2004. The U.S. has it set so that once a foreign car reaches 15 years old it no longer has to meet our emissions standards to be legal. so you'll probably be seein a lot of R32 skylines which started in 1989.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:02 AM   #34
98SEMaxima
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 98SEMaxima

The 240 SX is close enough to what your talkin about so I doubt they will make anything for a while
98SEMaxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 10:10 PM   #35
deadmaninc
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Straight from the people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeHsU
If nissan makes a cheaper car then a 350Z that has that much horses.. then it will drop the value of the 350Z because i can just go buy a smaller nissan sports car and yeah its dead.. then theres the 300ZX u can get for pretty cheap now adays and it would kill the 300ZX value also cuz i can get a brand new nissan why would i get a 91 300ZX turbo that outputs 300HP.. for 15 grand? when i can get a brand new nissan and throw a twin turbo in it and its built as a sports car and get it around the same price
Well that is a good point but then you can say the same thing about the SRT-4. Why get a Viper when you can spend 10g on a SRT-4 and get it up t0 420hp and make it an awd car? Its just the fact of prestige you get when you drive the Viper. If Nissan did make a car that would out perfrom the Z you have no prestige or heritage with the car nor any nice amenities like dvd navi.
deadmaninc is offline   Reply With Quote