Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance
Performance Discuss Engine, Suspension, Drivetrain, and all other performance modifications here.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 11:25 AM   #1
ndean52
AF Newbie

2003 Mustang GT - Injectors & MAF??

I have a 2003 gt, MAC Catback- Long Tube Headers- offroad H, accufab 75mm throttle body & plenum w/ steeda spacer, JLT Raim Air Intake, steeda underdrive pulleys, hypertech thermostat, .410 gears, and an sct flip chip w/ dial & 4 tunes.

I posted a thread a while back about my car sputtering, tried a fuel pump (the mechanics diagnosis) and didnt fix the issue. So i decided to get some spark plugs, which has helped. It didnt sputter for a while and now it does in rarely. I ran the codes and the same popped up as before, 1131 1152 - fuel air metering. Another mechanic has told me to replace the MAF.

Here my question/questions. I have read about the 90mm MAF that was used on the ford lightnings and really want to try this out along with some bigger injectors, both are stock currently on my stang. Would the 90mm be too much for my car and if not what size injectors should i get? Also, I heard you do not have to tune the 90mm MAF that was used on the lightnings? Is this correct, becuase i thought you had to tune them.

Any suggestions would be great about adding some HP!! Thanks guys.
ndean52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
ndean52
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Mustang GT - Injectors & MAF??

sorry the codes are 1131 & 1151 - Fuel Air Metering
ndean52 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
fuel , injector , maf , mustang
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Performance