Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:23 AM   #16
HellBent
AF Regular

Re: Nissan Skylines True Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineUSA
No Restirictor plates on any of the GTRs, or GTSts I have worked on.
Perhaps he was working on an older JGTC race car?

Maybe he could provide a part number for the rstrictor from the NISMO catalog...

-AL
Old 12-06-2006, 01:26 PM   #17
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA

"I know skylines have Restirictor plates"

Plural Which is not true

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 11:33 AM   #18
GTRkid
AF Newbie

Hi I want to get one thing straight I never said I got my info from a friend of a friend, if you read what I said, I said I had worked on one, I helped take out the restrictor plate, I also helped modify it, my uncle also helped, he is a great welder, he also modifys go karts, he has been able to make a go kart with stock but tampered with parts with a stock speed of around 40mph
go nearly 100mph with a few welding mods, he helped out with the skyline and was also able to get alot more power out of it,

Last edited by GTRkid; 01-12-2007 at 01:28 PM.
GTRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 01:37 AM   #19
mmcleo11
AF Regular

The ECU is wired into the speedo drive gear in the gearbox, it limits the speed of every Japanese car by cutting ignition/fuel when it reaches a certain speed(around 180Km/h or 50 metres per second) I know because I have actually programmed A LOT of Skylines(and other Nissans/Japanese cars) Search the internet for a 'Speed Cut defender' to remove the 180 speed cut and it is a electronic box wired in to fool the ECU into never reaching 180Km/h road speed signal. The Nissan GTiR RNN14 Pulsar also is electronically limited to 180Km/h

There is definitely not restrictor plate in the R34 GTR. There are TWO air flow meters with each one feeding each of the turbos. The airflow meters have wire screens on them to stop the sensitive components inside from being damaged but from the air flow meter to the turbo inlets, there are def no air flow restrictors.

The only restrictor is in the wastegate pressure line, which limits boost to the wastegates(via bost control solenoid) to give no more than between 8~10psi depending on what rpm your at. Feel free to post a picture of ANY R34 GTR and point out where the restrictor is located in the engine bay

Also, R34 GTR skylines do not need the front driveshafts removed to make them RWD only, just modify the wiring to the ATESSA 4WD transfer case. Removing the driveshafts actually makes the ATTESSA clutch packs fail but also, reduce the power output to the rear wheels as it is still spinning the 4WD transfer case. The R32 GTR's were awesome because you could pull a fuse and wire up a switch so you could change it from 4WD to RWD with a flick of a switch

PS: As a car magazine journalist(and mechanic) I can tell you do not believe everything you read in a magazine or see in a movie. We like to dumb it down for nOObs so they can understand things that are too complex for them to understand

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
Boyd Coddington 19" Turbine Wheels
AP Racing 4 Piston Brakes
Tein Coil over Suspension
HKS EVC 6 Boost Controller
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Custom Front Mount Intercooler
mmcleo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 02:39 AM   #20
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Like I said, no restrictor plate! What mmcleo11 said is right, first hand knowledge, not going through a friend

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:26 AM   #21
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRkid
Hi, I am a new member, and I am a true Skyline Lover, anyway,
I just wanted to clear things up on the Nissan Skyline R34 GTR,
many say the Skyline only has 276hp, BUT thats not true, the nissan skyline is required in japan to have that spec, thats why nissan put a governor and a restrictor plate on the gtr, the governor restricts the to speed from 183mph to just 155mph, if you dont believe this look at any japanese supercar, any one that goes over 155 mph legaly in japan has to have a governor, and the restrictor plate reduces air flow which lowers hp from 328hp to, you guesed it 276hp, and it increases the acceleration from 0-60 in 4.6 seconds to 5.07 seconds, also many people say 276 hp is too low for twin turbos, but the twin turbos are adjustable, the stock is just 5PSI for the skyline R34 but is adjustable up to 25PSI, now I dont know how many people know this, but I have a friend with a skyline, and actually you can get 600hp by just adjusting the stock parts, and with some, okay alot of money the stock skyline engine can be upgraded to a max of 1600hp, know thats amazing, now the skyline was built to be modified, two more things, most people think the skyline is a sport compact, but the size and weight(3676lbs) make it legaly a sedan, the last thing is I read something on this site (skyline Vs Supra) and they said the supra had better stock specs but the supra stock specs, with the governor and restrictor plate removed is 310hp, 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, and a top speed of 178mph and its TWIN thats right not a single turbo as someone else said can only be adjusted up to 20PSI, so thankyou for reading I hope you enjoyed the truth.
The Skylines stock turbos cannot handle 25psi either Also, the stock Supra turbos cannot handle 20psi either.

The skyline is not a Sedan, it is a Coupe and is actually more of a 'Supercar' as it can keep up with Ferrari 355's when in stock form. Modified and the prancing horse is coughing

Removing the speed cut does not suddenly increase the power either. You cannot get 600Hp with 'stock' parts. The turbos need to be changed, the camshafts/ECU/clutch/fuel pump/injectors/exhaust need to be replaced, so I fail to see how that is 'stock' parts. Off the shelf parts yes, but not stock parts EVER.

My Step-brother has an R34 GTR NÜR which is putting out 970PS(power stroke is a japanese measure of power, 280PS = 276Hp = 206Kw) It required a massive engine rebuild to handle that much power and uses a Apexi Power FC D-Jetro as an ECU on a low boost setting as it is a daily driver

The Supra motor, as much as I hate Toyota does have a great engine in the 2JZ-GTE. I have seen a few examples putting out 1000Hp on stock engine internals(only new camshafts/cam gears) using a single turbo conversion(T88-34GK turbo)

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Old 12-10-2006, 12:59 AM   #22
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcleo11
The skyline is not a Sedan, it is a Coupe and is actually more of a 'Supercar' as it can keep up with Ferrari 355's when in stock form. Modified and the prancing horse is coughing
My Step-brother has an R34 GTR NÜR which is putting out 970PS
sigh...yet another person who doesnt know about the GT, GTE, GTS, GTST, GTS25 or GTS25T skylines. all of these were offered in 4 door. now that you have shown us what you know, lets see some pics of your brothers nur with your username next to them. and as for the dude claiming to work on skylines with restrictor plates, can you please shut the fuck up already? we dont care about your uncles gay go carts and we know skylines dont come with restrictor plates. if you're so sure they do, take a pic of one or give us the part number and i'll go by nissan to see if it's real.

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
MetalHeadZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:05 AM   #23
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadZaid
sigh...yet another person who doesnt know about the GT, GTE, GTS, GTST, GTS25 or GTS25T skylines. all of these were offered in 4 door. now that you have shown us what you know, lets see some pics of your brothers nur with your username next to them. and as for the dude claiming to work on skylines with restrictor plates, can you please shut the fuck up already? we dont care about your uncles gay go carts and we know skylines dont come with restrictor plates. if you're so sure they do, take a pic of one or give us the part number and i'll go by nissan to see if it's real.
Yes, I do know about them and yes, I have worked on quite a few of them. PS: You missed one of the models The R34 GT-T with the RB25DET NEO...

As this thread was started on the GTR skyline, I did omit the sedan skylines as they were not relevant. However, I should mention there was a limited edition Autech R33 GTR Sedan released in the late 90's but for all intents and purposes, the R34 Skyline was a Coupe.

I do not post pics of other peoples cars on the internet without their permission. My step-bro would never agree to it as the car is not insured against theft and the car is hardly a run of the mill skyline.

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII
Old 12-11-2006, 10:42 PM   #24
AZhitman
AF Newbie

GTRkid, you're clueless, bro.

Here's some required reading for you - www.GTRclub.org, as well as the UK Skyline site (and anything SkylineUSA types - HOWDY MAN!)

p.s. Keep the guy who welds stairwell railings away from the GT-R.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:22 PM   #25
GTRkid
AF Newbie

This is probably the third time I say this but I have FIRST HAND experience with a Nissan Skyline, and second, if you knew my uncle you would want him to speed up your skyline, also I never said you had to take out the front driveshaft, and requires...should have stronger parts put in so you dont destroy your engine, last thing is, dont call me a n00b that doesnt know about cars, I know more about cars then most people, and know what you are talking about, oh, and read the whole thread before you tell me something I heard it from a friend when I have said I did it three times already,
GTRkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #26
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
This is probably the third time I say this but I have FIRST HAND experience with a Nissan Skyline, and second, if you knew my uncle you would want him to speed up your skyline, also I never said you had to take out the front driveshaft, and requires...should have stronger parts put in so you dont destroy your engine, last thing is, dont call me a n00b that doesnt know about cars, I know more about cars then most people, and know what you are talking about, oh, and read the whole thread before you tell me something I heard it from a friend when I have said I did it three times already,
ok, not sure why you need to talk about your uncle but we understand that you claim to work on skylines, i'm not debating/caring about this. like others in this thread, I asked you to give a part number or post a pic, which you wont do. please comprehend that we WONT FUCKING BELIEVE YOU, untill you show us proof.

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
MetalHeadZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 12:37 AM   #27
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHeadZaid
ok, not sure why you need to talk about your uncle but we understand that you claim to work on skylines, i'm not debating/caring about this. like others in this thread, I asked you to give a part number or post a pic, which you wont do. please comprehend that we WONT FUCKING BELIEVE YOU, untill you show us proof.
Proof? There are no plates for restricting air flow in a GTR, point blank. We all know that

Kid, first hand experience working on GTRs. How so? From what you write, the GTR must have been a Hot Wheel.

Old 12-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #28
EDTHEMANJP
AF Newbie

GTR Kid

I'll give you a chance to prove yourself, explain exactly where was this restrictor plate and or govenor that you helped remove?

Or better yet post a picture
EDTHEMANJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 12:28 AM   #29
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

I figured the KID would stop posting

Old 12-21-2006, 07:19 AM   #30
mmcleo11
AF Regular

Quote:
Was that your left hand or your right hand? Did your hand fly off and hit you in the forehead?

Why on earth would you even need your uncle near a GTR with a welder? For welding your iron filled skull to the bonnet(thankfully, R34's have alloy bonnets)

Your whole post/thread has been shot down repeatedly by people who OWN/TUNE/KNOW GTR's a LOT better than you. That makes you a GTR nOOb

So quick question, how would YOU turn an R34 GTR into RWD only?
Where is this restrictor in the engine bay?

Smashed Black VY SS Ute
The workhorse...
Twin turbo 5.7L LS1
PLX Devices DM-200 OBDII

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance