Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Horizon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 10:33 PM   #1
yukisho
AF Newbie

Help Me Out

I am without a car now and have to walk the 3 miles to and from work everyday. Here is what the problem is, though I do not know the name of the part, so bare with me. It's a 1990 Plymouth Horizon.

On the gear shifter it goes under the car then connects to another bar that goes into the transmission. Well the peice that connects them broke off. I do not know what it looks like nor do I know the name of it. How hard is it going to be to fix this? The car runs like a champ, besides that problem it only needs a new set of tires. It's not really worth it to get a new car since this one is fine.

And one other thing. The car has the standard radio in it, but it doesn't work. When the radio is turned off the clock works, but when I turn it on it just goes blank. I would see if it's just the display, but I have no idea where the speakers are. I have searched high and low but cannot find any. Any idea's? It's no big deal, I only use it for work so I have some cd player speakers and my cd player.
yukisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:17 AM   #2
typesix
AF Regular

Re: Help Me Out

You probaly will need to have it towed and have the linkage replaced for the transmission. Check fuses for the radio.
typesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #3
yukisho
AF Newbie

Re: Help Me Out

Yeah I was hoping I didn't have to. No one here in town even has a chiltons and none of the auto parts stores have the part. I think I am gonna have to check vegas for the part. But as for the radio, I have torn the doors apart and cannot find any speaker fo rit. I think the radio part of the system is blown. The clock only works so I am not sure. But thanks though.
yukisho is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Horizon