Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > General Discussion
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 08:31 AM   #1
thepartsyouneed
Banned

Whats the difference...Suzuki Keyless? (pics)

Whats the difference between these Suzuki remotes? Different years? Different models? I was hoping some Suzuki owners would know.
thepartsyouneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 08:45 AM   #2
thepartsyouneed
Banned

Re: Whats the difference...Suzuki Keyless? (pics)

Also, while I'm asking.....

Which Suzuki model(s) is this remote for:

Old 04-05-2004, 08:22 AM   #3
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
The first one is used on almost all the newer vehicles (Aerio, Grnd Vit, XL7). The bottom one is from older Sidekicks. Maybe some other cars too, but not sure. The middle one, I'm not sure about. 99 and 00 Grand Vit. had an accessory alarm system, and now you have to buy the module, and remotes separately. That might be what that remote is from but not sure. Don't sell a whole lot of those.

John Nance, Parts Manager
Bob Rohrman's Indy Hyundai, Suzuki Superstore
7101 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
www.indyhyundai.com www.indysuperstore.com
1-866-290-7046
317-613-7048
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:24 PM   #4
thepartsyouneed
Banned

Re: Whats the difference...Suzuki Keyless? (pics)

John,

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what else I can find about the middle remote.

Are you familiar with which remotes can and cannot be programmed? Ive seen some posts on this board mentioning remotes which only work on the original vehicle's system, and cannot be used on another car.

Bob Rohrman, ehh? I used to manage the internet sales department for Rohrman's Schaumburg Honda in Schaumburg, IL.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:41 PM   #5
lowsonoma1999
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via AIM to lowsonoma1999
As far as the newer vehicles are concerned, 99-02 Grand Vitaras and XL7s are not reprogrammable. You have to buy the whole module with remotes, and they are not cheap. Once you replace the module, you can program just remotes to the vehicle. In 03 they made the modules reprogrammable so you can program up to I thikn 4 remotes to one vehicle. The middle remote you picture, I have some junk ones we've warrantied, but I don't know what they came off of.

Anyways, where do you live now??? Schaumburg Honda is getting a new building. I've never been there, but I've heard it's pretty small compared to the volume of cars they sell. I've been working for Rohrman since Sept. 02. Been parts manager since April 03. We've got a huge building on the eastside of Indianapolis we just moved into. Rohrman bought it from UAC, used to be called Circle City Suzuki, but UAC lost tons of money and Rohrman bought it. Moved Hyundai over here in Oct because the building was too big just for Suzuki. If we pack em in tight, we can fit close to 200 cars in the showroom. They usually keep about 130 in there now. 12 service bays, 3 detailing bays, automatic carwash. Had some engineers from Hyundai in here few months ago, said this is the nicest Hyundai dealership they had been in.

John Nance, Parts Manager
Bob Rohrman's Indy Hyundai, Suzuki Superstore
7101 East Washington Street
Indianapolis, IN 46219
www.indyhyundai.com www.indysuperstore.com
1-866-290-7046
317-613-7048
lowsonoma1999 is offline   Reply With Quote