Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 01:04 AM   #1
kriss11
AF Newbie

Question Condensation in Del Sol Trunk

Hi! From the Great but wet NorthWest. I have a 93 del sol with 97,000 miles on it. Been happy with it for years. Has been forming condensation inside its trunk's lid. I ignored it for along time. Seemed to go away in the summers. However, now it has turned into a mold problem. I went away for a couple of weeks and the car sat. I came back to clumps of mold under the seats. I have bought a product for Home Depot called MOLDEX. I hope it will work, it is being shipped to me, they do not carry it in their store here. I am worried that since the condesation is constant the mold will return. I took it to a shop and the guy said Del Sol's were notorious for leaks and to chase and repair the leak it would cost thousands. Has anyone been through this?

Thanks, Kristin in Seattle with the perpetual Samba Green mold machine.
kriss11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
grape1161
AF Newbie

Re: Condensation in Del Sol Trunk

Go to this site: http://www.teamdelsolwa.com/howto.html Look at #'s 26 & 27, those should help you to stop the leak in your trunk !!!
grape1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
graymatter
AF Newbie

Re: Condensation in Del Sol Trunk

ok lets see,.. not all Del Sols are known to leak BUT since you have a 93 yes it will leak on the drivers and passengers window... Honda fixed it with replacing the weather/gasket stripping on the window frame itself - not the window hope Im not confusing you... its the rubber stripping that that seals the door/top/and passengers door... there is a "wing" - "flap" type piece that they added to the new updated one... back in 93 customers were complaining about it and Honda updated the piece. So they recalled all of the ones sold. And no you can get it for free... and they cost $600-$800 brand new ( wow ) But if you go to your local junkyard if will be cheaper,.. BUT YOU NEED TO GET THE 94 AND UP DEL SOLS !!!!! NOT YOU YEAR. Dont worry about the fitment they are all interchangeable. If you cant find one I have 2 backups. I will post a pic up to show you the difference.
graymatter is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol