Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 12:37 AM   #1
Swansen
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Swansen Send a message via Yahoo to Swansen
92 ex timing belt not lining up at TDC (cam pulley/crank pulley)

http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=164975
http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php...7#post37993367
^link to my other help threads on same issue^

Following FSM, Pulleys to TDC, slip on belt, and there is slack on the front part of the belt, turn crank to put tension on belt, but because of slack the cam pulley doesn't turn with the crank pulley, so when i bring everything back around to TDC, the cam pulley is off by like 2/16ths from the TDC mark... I am really confused as to whats going on, its not off a tooth, i tried moving it in what would be the opposite of how it would be off, and its farther away from the TDC mark.
Swansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: 92 ex timing belt not lining up at TDC (cam pulley/crank pulley)

Maybe this is dumb, but it's just a thought. Maybe when you pulled the timing belt off the cam gear and let it go, the belt fell over to 1 side more than the other. So when you pulled it back up, one side was given more slack than the other? I don't know how logical that is, it's just a thought. But regardless, take off the belt and try to reposition it, but pulling it tight from the crank pulley on up. Specifically making the front side of the belt as tight as possible, since it's the side giving you trouble and the other side has the tensioner to help it out.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Swansen
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Swansen Send a message via Yahoo to Swansen
Re: 92 ex timing belt not lining up at TDC (cam pulley/crank pulley)

I bought the car cobbled, but it has a B8 block, which apparently causes issues with timing belts, they are ether to long or very tight and a little short with a mini-me swap. So an adjustable cam gear is about the only solution for the problem... i guess?

http://d-series.org/forums/engine-bu...ml#post1606142
Swansen is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
cam , crank , pulley , tdc , timing
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '92-'95 Civic | EL | Civic Hybrid | Civic GX NGV