Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #1
Footbal9584
AF Newbie

Question AC high pressure

Hey guys,

I have this issue with my car that I'm hoping someone will be able to assist with. I have an 01 Cgrysler Sebring convertible. Last year my AC worked fine, however the first time I tried to use it this year it wasn't cold. So I got under the hood and noticed the compressor wasn't engaged despite me having the AC on. I went and got my pressure gauge and hooked it up to my service port and it was 200PSI ?!?!?!?!?!

I decided to not mess with it at that time and the next day I checked it again before starting my car, it was down to about 30 PSI, so I tried turning my AC on again this time with the gauge attached the compressor engaged and the pressure climbed to 200PSI again then the compressor turned off again.

I know there are high and low pressure switches in most AC set ups, however I was unable to find one on this car.

Any ideas you guys have would be appreciated.
Footbal9584 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Sebring | Sebring Coupe | Convertible