Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Crossfire | Crossfire SRT6 Roadster
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 08:05 AM   #16
arcdude
AF Newbie

Well, if what was said on this forum is true, then I have just lost all interest in the Crossfire. If it is really a Mercedes, then it will probably be overpriced and problematic just like all the other Mercedes. Just look at the reliability figures recently posted by JD Powers. Mercedes is DCs worst line of cars as far as reliability.

Now a Hemi equipped Dodge sounds much more interesting. I think it would also be a great idea to round out the SRT line by adding a turbo to the V-6 Sebring and Stratus and call it an SRT-6!
arcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 02:51 AM   #17
ETW 355
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ETW 355
I sat in one of these at a dealership, and all I have to say is the seats were sooooo hard. It was so bad, we would have bought one for cruising around if the seats were a little better. If you floored it and your head hit the head rest, your head would crack open
ETW 355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2003, 09:42 AM   #18
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SilverLotus340R
Re: New Crossfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETW 355
I sat in one of these at a dealership, and all I have to say is the seats were sooooo hard. It was so bad, we would have bought one for cruising around if the seats were a little better. If you floored it and your head hit the head rest, your head would crack open
given the fact that u were probably the first person other than the guy who delivered it to sit in it...the seats were probably hard. you kinda have to sit in them more than once before they start to ''wear'' and become a lil more comfortable..
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
SilverLotus340R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 04:10 PM   #19
farbod
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to farbod Send a message via Yahoo to farbod
ahh i love the new crossfire did you read the top gear review on it it was great
farbod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 12:29 PM   #20
Ignite
AF Newbie

I'm test driving one right now and it's fantastic, lives up to the reviews it has been getting for sure. It's basically a SLK in a Chrysler body, but $10,000 less. And in some areas it's better than the SLK, the interior being one. The plastic used on the center console is high quality and looks better. Some people are commenting on the 215-hp engine, but when you consider the base SLK only has 192-hp it's put into perspective. And that 215-hp is enough to make this small car fun, basically the same curb weight as the SLK.

And I'm not sure about the hard seats comment; I find them no different than any other new seats in a performance car.
Ignite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #21
Lamborsari_Merbini
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Lamborsari_Merbini Send a message via AIM to Lamborsari_Merbini Send a message via MSN to Lamborsari_Merbini

i finally saw one of these when passing the Chrysler dealership. i havent driven it yet or anything but it looks like it will live up to its Autobahn/Route 66 words. it does have that kind of look and it has the performance to back it up. Should be good to start seeing these on the road
Lamborsari_Merbini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 10:00 PM   #22
snake
AF Regular

i think they will be extremely popular when the roadster version arrives.

www.1clubspeed.com
snake is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Crossfire | Crossfire SRT6 Roadster